Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,291 Members 46,722 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Taking photo while shooting video?

Tip us?

launty72
Old
(Last edited by launty72; 6th July 2014 at 08:20 AM.) Reason: spelling
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Taking photo while shooting video?

Can any body help? Can't seem to figure out how to take pics while recording a video. I had to result to looking through the manual (hangs head shame) it says to press the camera icon but I don't have one in video mode?

Was hoping to use this afternoon when some guys that should be cycling in France come past my neck of the woods.

dondavis007
Old
Thanks Meter 162
There is a camerabutton on the left when taking videos, if you have chooses to see the buttons by touching the "tree dots" up in the right upper corner.
Just give me a Nexus/Silver with a great camera/app...

Smart(er) phones:
iPhone 3, N1, Optimus 2X, Xperia Arc, iPhone 4, Xperia S, Motorola Razr, Galaxy Note, One X, Samsung Galaxy S3, Sony Xperia V, Padfone 2 + "New", Note 2, iPhone 5, HTC One S, S4, Xperia ZR, LG G2, N5, Z1c, HTC M7 & M8, S5, G3, etc...

Pads:
iPad, Asus T1+T2+Prime, Galaxy Tab 8,9. iPad2, Nexus 7, Padfone 2, iPad4. PadFone 4, New PadFone

If I helped you hit "thanks"
The Following User Says Thank You to dondavis007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

launty72
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dondavis007 View Post
There is a camerabutton on the left when taking videos, if you have chooses to see the buttons by touching the "tree dots" up in the right upper corner.
I only have the 3 dots in camera mode, as soon as I hit the video button it starts recording and the dots disappear?

dondavis007
Old
(Last edited by dondavis007; 6th July 2014 at 02:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 162
Three dots just for getting the buttons to apperar, it's like two different modes. The uber simple mode with no,buttons and the normal with buttons. When you have booth camera and video button they should not go away?

I'll try to get a screen dump when,I get back home.
Just give me a Nexus/Silver with a great camera/app...

Smart(er) phones:
iPhone 3, N1, Optimus 2X, Xperia Arc, iPhone 4, Xperia S, Motorola Razr, Galaxy Note, One X, Samsung Galaxy S3, Sony Xperia V, Padfone 2 + "New", Note 2, iPhone 5, HTC One S, S4, Xperia ZR, LG G2, N5, Z1c, HTC M7 & M8, S5, G3, etc...

Pads:
iPad, Asus T1+T2+Prime, Galaxy Tab 8,9. iPad2, Nexus 7, Padfone 2, iPad4. PadFone 4, New PadFone

If I helped you hit "thanks"

AndroidLonghorn
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Has anyone confirmed that this works? Is it possible that this mode is disabled when shooting 4k video? Thanks!

enaybee
Old
Thanks Meter 47
There is a separate camera button that appears while recording the video. However its only available in 1080p and low, not available in UHD mode.
My cellphone journey:

Devices:
Phones-in use: Nexus 5
Phones-backup: HTC One X, iPhone 3G, HTC Fuze
Tablets: Galaxy Tab S 8.4, LG G Pad 8.3, Kindle HDX (8.9), Dell Venue 8, Archos 605 wifi [160gb]
Devices Sold or Broken or given away: AT&T LG G3 (Sold), S III (i747), GNex (i9250), S II (i9100), SGS Captivate, Nexus 7, iPhone 4, Apple iPad2, Nexus 7 FHD, Archos 80|G9

If my post has helped you, please hit "Thanks".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enaybee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]