Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Taking photo while shooting video?

OP launty72

6th July 2014, 09:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

5 posts
Can any body help? Can't seem to figure out how to take pics while recording a video. I had to result to looking through the manual (hangs head shame) it says to press the camera icon but I don't have one in video mode?

Was hoping to use this afternoon when some guys that should be cycling in France come past my neck of the woods.
Last edited by launty72; 6th July 2014 at 09:20 AM. Reason: spelling
6th July 2014, 11:51 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 169

974 posts
There is a camerabutton on the left when taking videos, if you have chooses to see the buttons by touching the "tree dots" up in the right upper corner.
The Following User Says Thank You to dondavis007 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th July 2014, 12:37 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dondavis007

There is a camerabutton on the left when taking videos, if you have chooses to see the buttons by touching the "tree dots" up in the right upper corner.

I only have the 3 dots in camera mode, as soon as I hit the video button it starts recording and the dots disappear?
6th July 2014, 03:46 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 169

974 posts
Three dots just for getting the buttons to apperar, it's like two different modes. The uber simple mode with no,buttons and the normal with buttons. When you have booth camera and video button they should not go away?

I'll try to get a screen dump when,I get back home.
Last edited by dondavis007; 6th July 2014 at 03:48 PM.
15th July 2014, 06:29 PM   |  #5  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 29

132 posts
More
Has anyone confirmed that this works? Is it possible that this mode is disabled when shooting 4k video? Thanks!
15th July 2014, 07:46 PM   |  #6  
Flag Not Too Far
Thanks Meter: 66

260 posts
More
There is a separate camera button that appears while recording the video. However its only available in 1080p and low, not available in UHD mode.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enaybee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2014, 11:25 PM   |  #7  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 16

154 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enaybee

There is a separate camera button that appears while recording the video. However its only available in 1080p and low, not available in UHD mode.

Not available in UHD is disappointing. Even if the pics were of a lower quality I could live with that, but to make it not available at all is odd.
5th September 2014, 12:07 AM   |  #8  
Flag Newport
Thanks Meter: 10

113 posts
More
Yeah, it's not available when taking 4K video. But hey ho, I usually find if I want a picture during a 4K video, I will use the snapshot feature in VLC to grab a frame from the video afterwards. The res may not be as high as 10 or 13MP, but I'm coming from a HTC One so it's still a lot better than that

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread