Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,503 Members 36,667 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any way to get 3rd party notifications on the lockscreen

Tip us?

aiverson23
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Any way to get 3rd party notifications on the lockscreen

I use Textra for my text messaging. And it looks like LG only allows LG messaging/phone to use the lockscreen for notifications. Is there a way to use the stock lockscreen to see notifications (other than in the bar).

Im not rooted yet since I have the Sprint version. But I will be once it comes out. So if there is a root solution you can mention that as well. This is my 1st LG, so I didnt know if this is just something that most people know how to do from the G2 or if people realize its impossible to do. Any feedback is welcome. Thanks

Tarzan-
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Have you tried this

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...chep.acdisplay

Sent from G3
Nokia 3230 Nokia 7610 Nokia N95 Sony Ericsson PDA HTC Tytyn II HTC Desire Nokia N9 Xperia Arc S Motorola Droid Razr Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung Galaxy Note II HTC ONE Silver Sony Xperia Z Ultra Note 3 Galaxy S5 LG G3
The Following User Says Thank You to Tarzan- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

D_Rock899x
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I've used Nils for over a year and it just keeps getting better and better. Here's the link https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...icationswidget

Sent from my LG-D850
The Following User Says Thank You to D_Rock899x For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aiverson23
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Ive tried Nils. It didnt play well with the lockscreen as far as clicking a notification and bypassing the lockscreen to open the app. It would open the app in the background and then show it once you finally unlocked the phone.

But maybe Ive just gotta play with the options a little more if thats the only real option at the moment. since I wasn really looking to download a new lockscreen app because Ive found that they are usually battery hogs.

Ill give the ACDisplay app a try too and see if I like that as well.

Hopefully someone will come out with a mod in the future to get more notification control on the LG lockscreen itself

SomeGuyDude
Old
Thanks Meter 208
I'm not sure, but I seriously think I got Textra notifications at one point along with Skype and Trillian.
So punish me for weakness, blame me for everything.
I don't like suffering, I like the sympathy it brings.

D_Rock899x
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I use Nils with Widgetlocker. Never had an issue with opening notifications.

Sent from my LG-D850