Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Any way to disable clip tray

OP ubiquill

22nd July 2014, 07:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I use keepassX to manage my passwords, but clip tray prevents the passwords from being cleared completely. I can manually clear them, but it's a huge pain. Is there anyway to disable clip tray? Solutions that require root are fine.
7th August 2014, 08:01 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubiquill

I use keepassX to manage my passwords, but clip tray prevents the passwords from being cleared completely. I can manually clear them, but it's a huge pain. Is there anyway to disable clip tray? Solutions that require root are fine.

Agreed - I tried to get an answer from LG electronics support and they couldn't help either. This is a huge security issue since the passwords can persist, even a reboot.

I found some old posts for the LG G2 that there apparently was some option available under Settings -> Security that allowed you to set a timer for the phone to clear out the "clip tray". Although, I can't find anything that suggests a way to do this in the LG G3 documentation on their website, and no one I talked to at their support had any idea what I was talking about.

They're convinced it's a feature that all the passwords I've saved from my LastPass account are visible and in the clear.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread