XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Any way to disable clip tray

Tip us?

ubiquill
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Any way to disable clip tray

I use keepassX to manage my passwords, but clip tray prevents the passwords from being cleared completely. I can manually clear them, but it's a huge pain. Is there anyway to disable clip tray? Solutions that require root are fine.

chinmas
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubiquill View Post
I use keepassX to manage my passwords, but clip tray prevents the passwords from being cleared completely. I can manually clear them, but it's a huge pain. Is there anyway to disable clip tray? Solutions that require root are fine.
Agreed - I tried to get an answer from LG electronics support and they couldn't help either. This is a huge security issue since the passwords can persist, even a reboot.

I found some old posts for the LG G2 that there apparently was some option available under Settings -> Security that allowed you to set a timer for the phone to clear out the "clip tray". Although, I can't find anything that suggests a way to do this in the LG G3 documentation on their website, and no one I talked to at their support had any idea what I was talking about.

They're convinced it's a feature that all the passwords I've saved from my LastPass account are visible and in the clear.