FORUMS

[Q] Any way to disable clip tray

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By ubiquill, Junior Member on 22nd July 2014, 06:34 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I use keepassX to manage my passwords, but clip tray prevents the passwords from being cleared completely. I can manually clear them, but it's a huge pain. Is there anyway to disable clip tray? Solutions that require root are fine.

7th August 2014, 07:01 PM |#2  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubiquill

I use keepassX to manage my passwords, but clip tray prevents the passwords from being cleared completely. I can manually clear them, but it's a huge pain. Is there anyway to disable clip tray? Solutions that require root are fine.

Agreed - I tried to get an answer from LG electronics support and they couldn't help either. This is a huge security issue since the passwords can persist, even a reboot.

I found some old posts for the LG G2 that there apparently was some option available under Settings -> Security that allowed you to set a timer for the phone to clear out the "clip tray". Although, I can't find anything that suggests a way to do this in the LG G3 documentation on their website, and no one I talked to at their support had any idea what I was talking about.

They're convinced it's a feature that all the passwords I've saved from my LastPass account are visible and in the clear.
29th January 2015, 06:35 PM |#3  

More
I also agree. It's annoying to have to open another app just to get a text box and clear it. Anyone found a solution for this? Thanks for the help.
28th May 2015, 04:55 AM |#4  

More
Question LG Clip Tray - annoying message "Copied to clip tray"
I am using an LG G Pad 8.3 where this "Clip Tray" also exists.

The "Copied to clip tray" message when taking screenshots is a real annoyance when taking multiple screenshots because the message appears after a few seconds and takes time to fade out.
If not waiting long enough after each screenshot, the message (white letters in a black box) will be visible in each image.

Does anyone know how to disable/suppress that message?
Last edited by O2-XDAndroid; 28th May 2015 at 05:00 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread