Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,051 Members 53,599 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any way to lock phone via screen with Nova Launcher?

Tip us?

xxtypeoxx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Any way to lock phone via screen with Nova Launcher?

Seems with the stick LG launcher you can lock the phone by double tapping the screen which is very nice. Downside is you cannot put widgets on the bottom row where I usually put my sms and phone icons at. I've always used Nova Launcher but now with Nova Launcher the tap to lock does not work which means you have to lock the screen by the button on the back which is a majour pain since I always hit the volume buttons by accident. Anyone have any suggestions on this? I'm open to other launchers and also haven't rooted yet but plan to over the next couple of weeks. Thanks a bunch.

Lennyuk
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1365

DONATE TO ME
Double tap the status (notifications) bar
I am some sort of dev and a writer for LandofDroid. I am also a member of HTC Elevate. Was a member of the now defunct "Team Villain" aka VillainRom.

Guide to Unroot LG G3 for OTA
Chromecast System UI Crash Fix

http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic2315688_1.gif

Device info:

Current: LG G3, Google LG Nexus 5, Chromecast, Acer C720 Chromebook
Retired: HTC One, Google LG Nexus 4, Google Asus Nexus 7 Samsung Galaxy Note II Samsung Galaxy S III, Advent Vega (Tablet), Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire Z, HTC Desire HD, HTC Desire, HTC Hero

www.lennyuk.co.uk
Twitter | Google+
Like what I do? help me have a coffee<----- This is a link
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lennyuk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

OutCold44
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Install program screen off and assign double tap shortcut to it.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk 2

cpatel112
Old
Thanks Meter 14
With LG Stock Launcher you can double tap anywhere to lock the device. When using nova just double tap the notification and it will lock.

That would work on screen that is showing.
The Following User Says Thank You to cpatel112 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

WarCow
Old
Thanks Meter 136
As someone above said, install this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....screenofflock

Then in Nova Launcher go to settings and select the gesture for Double Tap to launch the Screen Off app.

Also, gestures are only supported in the paid version of Nova Launcher as far as i know.
HTC One M8 <- Samsung Galaxy S III <- Google Nexus S <- Sony Ericsson X10 Mini Pro <- Samsung Omnia HD <- Nokia 6110 <- Nokia 5500 <- Nokia 6170 <- Nokia 5100 <- Nokia 3310
The Following User Says Thank You to WarCow For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xxtypeoxx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks a bunch guys. This solved the problem.

SilverZero
Old
Thanks Meter 179
Can you double-tap for screen on as well? I'm loving this feature on stock.

eelton
Old
Thanks Meter 1
G3 Tweaks also lets you turn off the screen by double tapping the navigation bar (or at least the blank portions of it). It makes for a bigger target than the notification bar.