FORUMS
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Unlocked LG G3 - F400 vs D855

11th July 2014, 04:14 AM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Unfortunately LG has been quiet about launching an unlocked version of the G3 in the US.
Assuming there wont be an Unlocked US model, which one would be better: Korean F400 model or Asia D855 (both 32GB)?
I'm guessing D855 should have less bloat than an unlocked F400 from Korean carriers and perhaps slightly better screen tuning (European/International version is also D855). Suggestions?

11th July 2014, 05:06 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sweeper_

Unfortunately LG has been quiet about launching an unlocked version of the G3 in the US.
Assuming there wont be an Unlocked US model, which one would be better: Korean F400 model or Asia D855 (both 32GB)?
I'm guessing D855 should have less bloat than an unlocked F400 from Korean carriers and perhaps slightly better screen tuning (European/International version is also D855). Suggestions?

Korean Model can pick up ATT LTE and I was able to run hotspot apps without rooting or hacking anything. That and the Antennae was a huge plus for me lol
11th July 2014, 01:26 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Any other difference?
11th July 2014, 05:33 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sweeper_

Any other difference?

Im not sure of the radio bands but the Korean model does have a lot of Korean left once you switch it to English. Kind of annoying like in the dialer.
12th July 2014, 01:12 AM |#5  
OP Member

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest.

Im not sure of the radio bands but the Korean model does have a lot of Korean left once you switch it to English. Kind of annoying like in the dialer.

Thanks. Since both F400 and D855 support my carrier's 3G/LTE bands it all comes down to the other differences likes pre-installed software, screen calibration/tuning and others.
I wonder if anyone tried different G3 models - Korean, European and/or US and would be kind to post some impressions.
Last edited by -Sweeper_; 12th July 2014 at 01:18 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread