Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,213 Members 39,973 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unlocked LG G3 - F400 vs D855

Tip us?

-Sweeper_
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Arrow [Q] Unlocked LG G3 - F400 vs D855

Unfortunately LG has been quiet about launching an unlocked version of the G3 in the US.
Assuming there wont be an Unlocked US model, which one would be better: Korean F400 model or Asia D855 (both 32GB)?
I'm guessing D855 should have less bloat than an unlocked F400 from Korean carriers and perhaps slightly better screen tuning (European/International version is also D855). Suggestions?

Guest.
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sweeper_ View Post
Unfortunately LG has been quiet about launching an unlocked version of the G3 in the US.
Assuming there wont be an Unlocked US model, which one would be better: Korean F400 model or Asia D855 (both 32GB)?
I'm guessing D855 should have less bloat than an unlocked F400 from Korean carriers and perhaps slightly better screen tuning (European/International version is also D855). Suggestions?
Korean Model can pick up ATT LTE and I was able to run hotspot apps without rooting or hacking anything. That and the Antennae was a huge plus for me lol

-Sweeper_
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Any other difference?

Guest.
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sweeper_ View Post
Any other difference?
Im not sure of the radio bands but the Korean model does have a lot of Korean left once you switch it to English. Kind of annoying like in the dialer.

-Sweeper_
Old
(Last edited by -Sweeper_; 12th July 2014 at 01:18 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest. View Post
Im not sure of the radio bands but the Korean model does have a lot of Korean left once you switch it to English. Kind of annoying like in the dialer.
Thanks. Since both F400 and D855 support my carrier's 3G/LTE bands it all comes down to the other differences likes pre-installed software, screen calibration/tuning and others.
I wonder if anyone tried different G3 models - Korean, European and/or US and would be kind to post some impressions.