unrooting or flashing VS985 to get Android Pay working

12 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
By Dumhed, Junior Member on 17th November 2015, 06:31 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have a VS985 running 5.0.1 (rooted)... build SkyDragon v3.0.0-LRX21Y... software version VS98523B

I've been wanting to use Android Pay. I used to use Google Wallet to pay for things. But with the change, 'cuz I'm rooted and unlocked - Android Pay won't work.

What steps do I need to take (and files do I need to download) to get my phone to where I can have an unrooted software version which I can use to setup Android Pay, then later root? Is there a way to simply unroot what I have? I'm fine wiping the phone of data if needed. I don't mind stock builds.

Any tips are appreciated. Sorry so noob.
17th November 2015, 07:02 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 13
Hey man,
For unrooting you actually just safe your data and then you flash a kdz of your device variant with the CSE method. Then you should be back on the stock rom and be unrooted.
For a tutorial how to flash a kdz file, just look in this g3 general section and read the "back to stock" thread carefully

Gesendet von meinem LG-D855 mit Tapatalk
17th November 2015, 07:22 PM |#3  
Flag Portland, OR
Thanks Meter: 92
Since you're running SkyDragon, this method may or may not work. But you may be able to use Pay by temporarily disabling Superuser via the SuperSU app--> Settings--> Uncheck "Enable Superuser". After setting up Pay, you can then re-enable Superuser.
Last edited by redduc900; 17th November 2015 at 07:24 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread