Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,702 Members 44,879 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] can i update the firmware on my rooted lg?

Tip us?

Pollux King
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by pispuso View Post
v10b is indeed a battery drainer, and the phone was too hot doing nothing. v10g was better but kinda laggy. v10j seems to work great, its smoth, doesn't drain much battery and the heat is normal. For now is the best choice, the oly downside is that it comes with a lot of bloatware compared to my stock v10b that was pretty clean.
I have just flashed 10H and it started dowloading 103 bloat apps automatically i never had before, wil test this firmware for couple of days if it wont perform well then i will switch to 10J

pispuso
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollux King View Post
I have just flashed 10H and it started dowloading 103 bloat apps automatically i never had before, wil test this firmware for couple of days if it wont perform well then i will switch to 10J
Yeah, a lot of bloatware. I just froze most of them for now and will remove completely if I see no problems.

subwoffer13
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
just updated via lg tool , and rooted again. thanks

zige
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beylie View Post
In that case, just do the Upgrade Repair Errors option in PC Suite. It'll flash the latest ROM for your IMEI, but you'll loose root. Just reroot afterwards.
I did this and i was getting "update error" plaaplaaplaa.. Now my device is bricked. I tried what PC Suite said "Take off battery and put again and connect with usb" but always when i open device it's goes do "updating firmware" but it's isn't doing anything. I was with rooted v10g rom (international 16gb D855). Let's see what service shops says.