Upgrade and Lose My Plan

23rd July 2014, 03:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Ortonville
Thanks Meter: 4

24 posts
Donate to Me
More
Want to upgrade my S3 to the G3 but not only do I pay a $30 upgrade fee which I can live with but I lose my unlimited data plan with Verizon. Guess I knew it was coming but unprepared as to choosing the More Everything plan or looking elsewhere. Currently paying about $70 a month for the plan and 450 minutes plus a 1000 texts. Can't I just buy the phone at Best Buy or something and just have them activate it. I know, call and ask. I will, just wanted some suggestions. Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
23rd July 2014, 03:21 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 20

182 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoJatey

Want to upgrade my S3 to the G3 but not only do I pay a $30 upgrade fee which I can live with but I lose my unlimited data plan with Verizon. Guess I knew it was coming but unprepared as to choosing the More Everything plan or looking elsewhere. Currently paying about $70 a month for the plan and 450 minutes plus a 1000 texts. Can't I just buy the phone at Best Buy or something and just have them activate it. I know, call and ask. I will, just wanted some suggestions. Thanks.

are you going to pay full retail? If so then i believe you are safe.

If you are planning on trying to get the phone at a discount, then I have a feeling you are SoL unless you open another line and get the phone on that line, then just swap the sim cards out. You will be stuck with another monthly fee for that line.

Whatever you do - don't get rid of your plan without talking to me first!
The Following User Says Thank You to tehpud For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd July 2014, 03:34 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Ortonville
Thanks Meter: 4

24 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm talking. I might pay retail if I can keep the plan. Wondering if I do, if I can take the Edge route because that's a total ripoff but may be worth it in my case.
Update: Forget that. Edge is still More Everything. Just a way to upgrade early.
Last edited by BoJatey; 23rd July 2014 at 05:00 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread