USB 3.0 not recognized

OP Quantumrabbit

23rd July 2014, 03:39 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 44

125 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantumrabbit

I'm not sure how that would affect data transfer speed... Charge speed, sure. Data transfer speed though...

I ended up just popping the files on the internal of the gs3 and copying them to the computer, then to the sd card while in the gs3. Then just put the sd card into the g3, where it read fine.

Because your phone is not usb 3 and requires a 1 amp charger for faster charging speeds. USB 3 VERY RARELY has 1A ports, they are usually between 500-700mA which means when you plug your phone into the computer you aren't getting the full amperage needed to fully charge speed at capacity. Combine those two issues and you get the error you get about plugging the phone into a higher speed port. If you are having problems with transfer speeds being that slow, either your phone, cable or port are borked. Try reinstalling/updating your USB drivers, try new cable or check a different phone with the same USB power requirements if you want to test where the problem is but you will NEVER get USB 3 speeds because you do not have a USB 3 port on your phone, you have USB 2.0 HS
Last edited by Koroz; 23rd July 2014 at 03:41 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Koroz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd July 2014, 03:39 AM   |  #12  
Flag North East Vortex
Thanks Meter: 591

2,598 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

MTP. But since it's verizon it has a weird default of "connected as installer" which isn't even in the options, then I have to choose MTP.

Have you tried LG's PC suite to transfer files? It works fairly well, I know its not idea, but it may help out.
23rd July 2014, 03:53 AM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 159

902 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroz

Because your phone is not usb 3 and requires a 1 amp charger for faster charging speeds. USB 3 VERY RARELY has 1A ports, they are usually between 500-700mA which means when you plug your phone into the computer you aren't getting the full amperage needed to fully charge speed at capacity. Combine those two issues and you get the error you get about plugging the phone into a higher speed port. If you are having problems with transfer speeds being that slow, either your phone, cable or port are borked. Try reinstalling/updating your USB drivers, try new cable or check a different phone with the same USB power requirements if you want to test where the problem is but you will NEVER get USB 3 speeds because you do not have a USB 3 port on your phone, you have USB 2.0 HS

Alrighty... I guess that answers that. very counter-intuitive warning message.
The Following User Says Thank You to Quantumrabbit For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd July 2014, 03:53 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 44

125 posts
More
Quote:

Alrighty... I guess that answers that. very counter-intuitive warning message.

it is. I agree 100%.
23rd July 2014, 06:57 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
This may sound strange, but if you look at the USB port inside the G3 you can see that it has additional connectors in it, recessed deeper in the socket, either side and on the end of a small plastic tab that goes from top to bottom in a square shape (about 2mm in size). Perhaps these are causing PCs to incorrectly detect a USB3 capable device?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread