Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,629 Members 41,585 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] USB Audio Out?

Tip us?

PearcePowers
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] USB Audio Out?

Can anyone who owns the G3 confirm that USB Audio Out (over an OTG cable) works through a DAC? I can't seem to find any information that confirms or discounts that this works.

Thanks!

jesadac
Old
(Last edited by jesadac; 9th July 2014 at 02:43 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PearcePowers View Post
Can anyone who owns the G3 confirm that USB Audio Out (over an OTG cable) works through a DAC? I can't seem to find any information that confirms or discounts that this works.

Thanks!
It does work with my Fiio E17. Just tried it today after almost buying an app that was supposed to do so. My only complaint is that the DAC seems to be charging while connected to the G3.
The Following User Says Thank You to jesadac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PearcePowers
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesadac View Post
It does work with my Fiio E17. Just tried it today after almost buying an app that was supposed to do so.
Thanks, Jesadac! That's great news... I was hoping this was the case, as I believe the G2 also supported it.

I assume you're referring to the USB Audio Player Pro app? It truly doesn't replace the native ability to have a clean digital audio out signal for all sounds out of the phone.