Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,909 Members 48,134 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Do you use a screen protector?
Yes 28 77.78%
No 8 22.22%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Are you using a screen protector?

Tip us?

RMXO
Old
Thanks Meter 530
I got the SGP Nano but messed it up. So many dust underneath from trying to wipe them off. I knew I shouldn't of wiped off the sticky side. Lesson learned and ordered a new one. This time I'm going to a TMO store to ask a CS to do it for me.
TMO LG G3
TMO Samsung Galaxy Note 3
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2

galaxie500fb
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I used to a long time ago but now I think it takes away from the phone. The g3 feels good in my hand and I don't get the feeling like I may lose my grip like I did with my LG g pro.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Premium HD app

npaladin2000
Old
Thanks Meter 28

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMXO View Post
I got the SGP Nano but messed it up. So many dust underneath from trying to wipe them off. I knew I shouldn't of wiped off the sticky side. Lesson learned and ordered a new one. This time I'm going to a TMO store to ask a CS to do it for me.
Try using a wet-application protector like Skinomi or Zagg. You have to wait 12 hours for them to dry, but dust particles get caught in the liquid and get squeegeed out.

SperVaxjo
Old
Thanks Meter 5
What happend to that screen protector you sprayed on the display? Cant remember the name.

fgcchevy
Old
Thanks Meter 88

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itaintrite View Post
I'm using a cheap i-Blason glass screen protector which goes for $10 shipped on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thin and works well enough.
I got the same one, it feels great n can't hardly tell its there.

Sent from my Black Lg G3

Tillmorn
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Rock899x View Post
Perhaps. Only time will tell just how fragile these screens are. I do find it a bit ridiculous it can't withstand a 1 foot drop.

I wouldn't say that the G3 screen is any more fragile than other phones. I had the same thing happen with my first S4. Had it less than a week, then it fell out of my back pocket from a foot off the ground and the screen completely shattered. I'm starting to think that manufacturers have simply moved away from trying to provide good drop resistance. The last few iterations of the iPhone, the Galaxy line since the S3, the Nexus 4, etc. None of them can hold up to a drop from any height well, if the device lands on the screen or side. Whereas my old HTC Eris and Droid Bionic stood up to drops and impacts like champs.

galaxie500fb
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I seem to think that manufacturers are giving in to the wants of consumers who desire thinner and lighter phones. Thinner components I would assume makes them less durable. To get the phone to be lighter than previously phones probably has thinner screen? Just my guess.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Premium HD app

PapaRhino
Old
Thanks Meter 61
I just use a Dry Zagg screen protector and the bubbles went away after a little bit of playing with it and about 15 hours, feels a little bit you know, sticky, because it's a screen protector and not glass, but I'm happy with it