Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

com.google.process.gapps crashing on reboot

OP dimabrook

14th August 2014, 02:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 9

27 posts
More

I chose the Google keyboard as my default. No problem. Now on every reboot I get this message. Switching back to LG keyboard the issues goes away.

Looking for help how to solve this.

Few notes
* this happened prior to me rooting
* I've disabled several bloat apps from LG and ATT using the built in disable method, did not freeze or delete any apps
* I don't want another keyboard. I like Google's.
* All Google services and apps are up to date
* ATT D850 10d
Last edited by dimabrook; 14th August 2014 at 02:02 AM.
14th August 2014, 03:55 AM   |  #2  
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,511

3,701 posts
Donate to Me
More
Happened to me also, and always after I rooted. It has however stopped recently and I have absolutely no idea why. There is many many theories on it. But it's a mystery.

Google keyboard apparently causes it. But I use it still and it's gone. So God only knows. Sorry I can't help you, but I understand the annoyance of it.
14th August 2014, 01:12 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I know that the G3 is picky when talking about keyboard. It does the same thing with me when i use swiftkey, so i believe it's a bug from the way lg implements their keyboard. Despite giving that error there aren't any real consequences (as far as i can see) in normal operations, just an annoyance every time we turn the phone on.
18th August 2014, 08:12 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 438

1,043 posts
Google Keyboard is causing it on my G3 as well. If I switch your default input method back to the LG Keyboard, the error stops appearing. Googling reveals SwiftKey also causes this issue. The error itself is harmless - the keyboard itself works perfectly fine.
8th November 2014, 05:24 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 17

68 posts
I saw a fix online about re-enabling any Google apps you've disabled. That did the trick for me. Good luck!

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk
10th November 2014, 01:28 PM   |  #6  
Flag Mid-Atlantic
Thanks Meter: 104

333 posts
More
Fleksy Keyboard Also!
Fleksy seems to also cause this problem to occur. As others have stated the only way to get the error not to occur on start is to boot with the LG keyboard as the default input device. However I prefer Fleksy to LG's keyboard. I have tried many of the work arounds suggested in several threads and the only one that makes the problem go away, is to have use the LG default keyboard...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread