CyanogenMod 12.1 for Android One

Android One devices once again got a pretty stable release of Android 5.1. XDA Recognized … more

DexPatcher: Patch Android APKs Using Java

You’ve probably seen or installed modified applications, be it a patched dialer for your … more

Is Cloud Storage Ready to Replace External Storage?

With more and more OEMs ditching SD cards on their flagships, cloud storage is … more

Customized Ultra Stamina for Xperia

XDA Senior Member androidexpert35 has provided us a customized Ultra Stamine Mode from the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Wallpaper tears for a sec after you exit app

19th August 2014, 10:21 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hello,

I just got my G3 a few days ago. Overall I love it. However this morning I tried out a couple wallpapers from Zedge and Background HD.. after changing my wallpaper I noticed that everytime I exit an app, any app, the wallpaper in the background tears up for a sec or so, then it goes back to normal.. Not really a big deal but still a little annoying since it happens EVERY time after I exit an app.. I don't remember this happening when I first got my phone.. anyone else noticing the same? If so is there a solution? Seems like something a simple patch would do.

Thank you in advance!

Vic
20th August 2014, 12:16 PM |#2  
Flag Morrinhos

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeonsmc

Hello,

I just got my G3 a few days ago. Overall I love it. However this morning I tried out a couple wallpapers from Zedge and Background HD.. after changing my wallpaper I noticed that everytime I exit an app, any app, the wallpaper in the background tears up for a sec or so, then it goes back to normal.. Not really a big deal but still a little annoying since it happens EVERY time after I exit an app.. I don't remember this happening when I first got my phone.. anyone else noticing the same? If so is there a solution? Seems like something a simple patch would do.

Thank you in advance!

Vic

I did notice the same behavior with wallpapers applied by Zedge. Then I decided to try to set up the wallpaper by the default way and it worked, the flaw is gone.

Try it.
20th August 2014, 03:18 PM |#3  
Flag Morrinhos

4 posts
More
It seems that the issue returned here. I don't know how to solve, appears to be random.
30th December 2014, 07:17 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
More
I've got same problem after just few hours of using brand new LG G3. I've set one wallpaper using Backgrounds HD and it was blinking, tearing apart, and changing ratio. So I switched back to one of stock wallpapers, the one I liked and it is doing same thing. So I tried to change whole skin but it changed nothing and it really annoys me. :/
30th December 2014, 11:10 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 788

1,315 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloar

I've got same problem after just few hours of using brand new LG G3. I've set one wallpaper using Backgrounds HD and it was blinking, tearing apart, and changing ratio. So I switched back to one of stock wallpapers, the one I liked and it is doing same thing. So I tried to change whole skin but it changed nothing and it really annoys me. :/

I think some of these wallpaper apps need to be updated to support the QuadHD resolution. If you download the wallpaper to a computer, then copy it to the phone and install it normally (not using an app) it should work fine. I've used lots of different images as wallpaper without any issues.
30th December 2014, 11:25 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
More
I will try to do it this way and I think it will work. The problem is (in my opinion) that switching back to one of OS stock wallpapers doesn't solve the issue. The only moment phone wallpaper acts normal is when I reset theme. It applies only to default theme wallpaper. As I have my LG for only a day or so, I might consider factory reset :/

Edit:
Ok, so I stopped Backgrounds HD service, cleared its data and now all works fine. So the problem was in this particular applications service. Now I know, setting wallpapers from application is not a good idea.
Last edited by Eloar; 30th December 2014 at 11:48 PM. Reason: more details
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread