Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,823 Members 41,816 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

weird shutter noise when unlocking with knock knock

Tip us?

mjb152
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default weird shutter noise when unlocking with knock knock

I'm noticing a shutter noise when i tap in a wrong knock knock code , but it's not every time.
Anyone else getting the same? I checked and there are no photos being taken. I'm on an 855 UK model 16gb

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1,403

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb152 View Post
I'm noticing a shutter noise when i tap in a wrong knock knock code , but it's not every time.
Anyone else getting the same? I checked and there are no photos being taken. I'm on an 855 UK model 16gb
Yeah I get the same.. It's just a denied tone I guess as the screen switches off (depending on your effect - I use Black Hole)
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)

tprindle77
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb152 View Post
I had the same problem on my US Verizon G3. I tracked it down to AirDroid's "find my phone" feature. If you're still having this problem and use AirDroid, try turning that off in the app's settings menu.

Anstar1992
Old
Thanks Meter 6
It must be the Intruder feature.

If you've enabled Find Phone in AirDroid, then a photo will be automatically taken when someone tries but fails to unlock the device. After two consecutive failed attempts or if the device is not unlocked within 2 mins of the first failed attempt, the photo will be uploaded to your AirDroid account to help you find who's trying to unlock your device.
Don't forget to hit THANKS when someone helps you!

AirDroid Forum Section: http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/airdroid
You're welcome to post threads about AirDroid here, including but not limited to: questions, reviews, bug reports and feature requests.