weird shutter noise when unlocking with knock knock

OP mjb152

10th July 2014, 08:37 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

119 posts
I'm noticing a shutter noise when i tap in a wrong knock knock code , but it's not every time.
Anyone else getting the same? I checked and there are no photos being taken. I'm on an 855 UK model 16gb
10th July 2014, 11:11 AM   |  #2  
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,455

3,584 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb152

I'm noticing a shutter noise when i tap in a wrong knock knock code , but it's not every time.
Anyone else getting the same? I checked and there are no photos being taken. I'm on an 855 UK model 16gb

Yeah I get the same.. It's just a denied tone I guess as the screen switches off (depending on your effect - I use Black Hole)
12th August 2014, 08:14 PM   |  #3  
Flag Ohio
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb152

I had the same problem on my US Verizon G3. I tracked it down to AirDroid's "find my phone" feature. If you're still having this problem and use AirDroid, try turning that off in the app's settings menu.
13th August 2014, 06:01 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 7

38 posts
It must be the Intruder feature.

If you've enabled Find Phone in AirDroid, then a photo will be automatically taken when someone tries but fails to unlock the device. After two consecutive failed attempts or if the device is not unlocked within 2 mins of the first failed attempt, the photo will be uploaded to your AirDroid account to help you find who's trying to unlock your device.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread