Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,964 Members 52,040 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wifi Direct

Tip us?

SpEaKeRb0xXx
Old
(Last edited by SpEaKeRb0xXx; 29th July 2014 at 08:30 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] Wifi Direct

Anyone here having problem with their wifi direct? Im using my gnote pro 12.2 to send documents and files over my g3 but it wont let me receive the files. My gnote will always have this sending failed error message and when i check what causes it to fail, i have this lg g3 file sharing not available message.

Laptop and computers are inaccessible atm, im doing a field job. Im trying to send huge files so bluetooth is not an option. My gnote doesn't have a problem sending files to other devices, i just finished transfering files to my coworkers so im sure it is my phone whose at fault.

Any help will be much appreciated. TIA.

1st Edit: Found out that i don't even have the option to send files through wifi direct even wifi direct on my g3 is turned on and connected to a device.

2nd Edit: Manage to transfer the file using google play application "Super Beam" , have to install it to both devices and should be connected to a wifi router to use wifi direct. Bit dissapointed coz its not working out of the box. Direct wifi doesnt need to have router to work.

SpEaKeRb0xXx
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Anyone here got the issue? Or their wifi direct is working properly? I just want to know and will help alot if will also tell what version/firmware they are using. Might try to flash other firmware to check if it will solve my concern.

Its kinda frustrsting to go outside and look for a wifi just to be able to transfer large files. Im currently using superbeam as an immediate solution.

nahedd_h
Old
Thanks Meter 2
really this is a very bad active from LG .there is no reason to remove this super important option from this super phone

SpEaKeRb0xXx
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahedd_h View Post
really this is a very bad active from LG .there is no reason to remove this super important option from this super phone
I agree. I need this thing to work, it is actually frustrating me. Might be solve with just firmware update, i will also try to go back to my old firmware which is v10a, we'll see if that will solve it (ill just borrow laptop somewhere). I also try contacting lg cust service but was amazed that they don't have the handset Support department till sunday... what a bummer..

Im working in a site right now where everything have its time off. No wifi no chance to use super beam.

SpEaKeRb0xXx
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Contacted lg cust service again and was dissapointed. They intentionally remove wifi direct functionality to give way to their "SmartShare Beam" WHICH IS ONLY exclusive to LG devices. No chance to transfer files through wifi direct to other brand handset without using working router. Android devices now following apple's exclusiveness to their devices.

The only solution is to use SuperBeam from google market
Or to use DLNA features though can only transfer media files.

nahedd_h
Old
Thanks Meter 2
i found an altranative application that could be usefull to share files between lg g3 and other mobiles . but it should be installed at both devices ..
the app name Wi-Fi File Sender
http://www.mediafire.com/?2roxkghfce720qk