FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

[Q] which wireless charger works well with the G3?

339 posts
Thanks Meter: 16

By zaki67, Senior Member on 1st July 2014, 10:28 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
9th March 2015, 07:30 PM |#301  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigginst

Thanks! How much does this bulge the back? Just wondering if my trident case would still fit.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

It's a pretty significant bulge. It bothered me enough to where I modified the backplate to let the magnet recess through a hole.

This pic shows what I did to make it feel right. I use a TPU case over it and the Slim Armor also fits. Take note though, mine charges with the TPU case on, but not with the Slim Armor. The magnet is slightly off center because that's how the PMA sticker was installed from the vendor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1425925772209.jpg
Views:	756
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	3202248  

4th April 2015, 12:09 PM |#302  
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 55

Donate to Me
More
Wireless charging car holder/mount
Hello, can anyone recommend a car holder/mount with Qi charging working with LG G3? Price matters of course

Is this one going to work? There is G3 mentioned on the top and below just G2 Verizon version, I have the D855...
http://bit.ly/1CpvLBX
Last edited by mirotuh; 4th April 2015 at 01:06 PM.
8th April 2015, 01:36 AM |#303  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Guys, you don't need an expensive Qi charger to get the wireless charging working. The main thing is the charging coil of G3 is not at the center but at the lower half of your phone right on top of the battery, so you just need to position the lower half of your phone to your Qi charger charging coil. I have 3 ebay $3 generic Qi chargers (1 for home, 1 for car, and 1 for work), and they all work flawlessly. I like it as you can tell where the charging coil is and it has a rubber ring to help my G3 staying in place.Generic $3 Qi Charger
9th April 2015, 09:53 PM |#304  
Flag Thessaloníki, Greece
Thanks Meter: 2,684

Donate to Me
More
I have to cheap Qi but i wanna use them with my pc...cause i charge with stock charger only on my bed...the problem is that both of them are 1A so when i use them the phone either don't charge or starts and stops all the time....if i buy a 3 coil Qi will it work??

BTW im using Gigabytes on/off charge that gives with usb almost 1.5A charge...so im not having this slow charging but still the Qi don't work...
10th April 2015, 10:57 PM |#305  

More
The Qi charger is just a charging coil. The power source is from your wall charger, which is recommended to be 1.5A. I used both the wall charger and the USB port of my laptop docking station, and both charge my G3 normally. (slightly slower than a 1A charger directly charging.) If your PC USB port provides 1.5A, then it should be no problems. Did you align the charging coil of your Qi charger directly under your phone battery area? If it is in the right position, then my advice is to get a 1.5A wall charger.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

The 3 coil Qi charger just increases the coverage of the charging area so that your phone can be put in any position on the Qi charging pad without worrying it aligns with the charging coil. It is not for increasing charging performance.
11th April 2015, 04:30 PM |#306  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by acefr

The Qi charger is just a charging coil. The power source is from your wall charger, which is recommended to be 1.5A. I used both the wall charger and the USB port of my laptop docking station, and both charge my G3 normally. (slightly slower than a 1A charger directly charging.) If your PC USB port provides 1.5A, then it should be no problems. Did you align the charging coil of your Qi charger directly under your phone battery area? If it is in the right position, then my advice is to get a 1.5A wall charger.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

The 3 coil Qi charger just increases the coverage of the charging area so that your phone can be put in any position on the Qi charging pad without worrying it aligns with the charging coil. It is not for increasing charging performance.

I have those too....the black is saying that i need to plug in the stock wall charger and find the hot spot...the other either way with just the coil or inside the plastic case charge for 5secs and then stops for 2-3 secs and starts again over and over again...

also this is how much mA my usb is giving me....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150411_181331.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	255.9 KB
ID:	3257020   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150411_181553.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	250.6 KB
ID:	3257021   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-11-18-25-44.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	163.1 KB
ID:	3257022  
12th April 2015, 02:10 AM |#307  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachukaki

I have those too....the black is saying that i need to plug in the stock wall charger and find the hot spot...the other either way with just the coil or inside the plastic case charge for 5secs and then stops for 2-3 secs and starts again over and over again...

also this is how much mA my usb is giving me....

When I used my Nexus 5 wall charger with it, I experienced a similar issue too. That charger is rated 1.2A. Then I switched to the G3 wall charger, which is 1.8A, and the issue goes away. If you are already using the 1.8A G3 charger, then I would suspect:
1. your Qi charger is defective
2. the Qi charging coil on your phone back cover is not making good contact to the 4 pins on your phone.
the cheap Qi charger works with G3 as I have 3 of them and am using it everyday.
12th April 2015, 02:57 AM |#308  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by acefr

When I used my Nexus 5 wall charger with it, I experienced a similar issue too. That charger is rated 1.2A. Then I switched to the G3 wall charger, which is 1.8A, and the issue goes away. If you are already using the 1.8A G3 charger, then I would suspect:
1. your Qi charger is defective
2. the Qi charging coil on your phone back cover is not making good contact to the 4 pins on your phone.
the cheap Qi charger works with G3 as I have 3 of them and am using it everyday.

With the wall charger both working great...but im using the QI ONLY on my pc...i need it only here....
12th April 2015, 03:01 AM |#309  

More
Your USB port is not pumping out enough current to make it work. Maybe you can try a USB3.0 port, which should give u higher current output than the USB2.0 port.
The Following User Says Thank You to acefr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2015, 05:33 PM |#310  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 3,042

Donate to Me
More
So whats the #1 best G3 wireless charger?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread