[Q] which wireless charger works well with the G3?

353 posts
Thanks Meter: 18
By zaki67, Senior Member on 1st July 2014, 11:28 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
14th August 2015, 06:09 PM |#311  
Thanks Meter: 46
Originally Posted by lexluthor

Just a heads up to everyone. I've noticed that, at least for me, wireless charging is working a bit differently that AC/USB charging as far as Android seeing the phone charging.

It looks like once it's fully charge on Qi, charging stops. I'd assume that maybe after it drops below 100%, it starts charging again, but I haven't tested this. With AC/USB charging, even when the phone was fully charged, it still shows as "on AC". My phone with Qi is showing "on battery" after it's fully charged.

The problem with this is that I have a couple of apps that sync data to the cloud overnight and had them set to only sync if charging. Well, last night, neither one did sync because the phone was fully charged by the sync time and Qi had shut off. I had to change both apps to allow syncing if not plugged in. One day when I'm not expecting it, that could come back to bite me though.

I suppose this could also be a factor of the charger you are using too. I have an Itian A6. Does anyone have a Qi charger that still shows the phone as "charging" even long after it's fully charged? I suppose that could be bad for the phone too though.

So I have a Choetech and I have this problem. I've been seeing that it charges up to 100% in the middle of the night and then when I grab the phone in the morning, it's somewhere b/w 95-100% depending on when it hit 100%. I don't suppose there is a setting or app that can adjust this, is there?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread