Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,629 Members 41,494 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wireless storage like LG G2

Tip us?

cyberhern
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by seboj View Post
Have you gotten Samba to work on the G3? There doesn't seem to be a menu button when I install it, so I can't do anything with it.

Edit: Never mind. Long-pressing the recents softkey brought up the menu.
Add menu button in nav bar. That part is easy, win8.1 not cooperating. The LG wireless storage was the bomb.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enddo View Post
SD card access is supposed to come back in Android L I believe. Assuming that's what you mean by saying KitKat removed the functionality
This has nothing to do with Kit Kat. The g2 is running. Kit Kat as well as the LG 8.3" tablet. Both had wireless storage. Something else is going on here

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
THE LURKER
Verizon LG g3>LG g2> RazrMAXX HD>RazrMAXX>Bionic>DX>TP2>TP>XV6800

Nexus 7 (2013), Vzn Sam GT, Lapdock100, Bionic LD, Blackberry Playbook 2.1 64gb with Android Envy
Click HERE to help the Playbook get a forum

SpencerAR
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiejobs View Post
I'm missing this feature too.. But thanks to AirDroid, now I can easily transfer files via Wi-Fi just like WirelessStorage on G2
Near as I can tell, AirDroid is NOT QUITE the same as WirelessStorage. The former goes through a Cloud service server for a website that offers you free and premium features. You're not staying on your own internal wireless network, which is what the Wireless Storage does.

Certain file explorers for Android offer similar functionality to WirelessStorage. I just tested out Solid Explorer and it has an FTP Server functionality (go to the program Menu and select "File Sharing") that will allow basic directory view and file downloads from the LG G3. It does not appear to have the upload capability, though and the web interface is nowhere near as polished as the LG G2's native capability. Unfortunately this program does not offer a free version.

I would assume that ES File Explorer would have similar (or even superior) functionality? I haven't confirmed if that's true or not, yet.