Yellow spot on Display

Search This thread

whopper_g

Jan 23, 2008
Hi,

did anybody has this? (see Picture)
Its on the bottom of the screen. I just noticed it while browsing a website in landscape mode.

Attachments

• phone_yellow_spot.jpg
    phone_yellow_spot.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 4,210

pulsarvp

Nov 14, 2011
That may be glue. And I hope it is not a similar problem OnePlus One owners are facing.

pulsarvp

Nov 14, 2011
Hm, but where? Obviously not on the front ;) Between the Glas and the Display itself?

But,i will check this again when the phone gets warm....

If it is glue, it cam be solved, by putting the phone under UV light or under the sun for some time, and it will go away. Google it.
If this does not solve your problem, look for a replacement.

ronqaldflow

Oct 26, 2009
thx but i looked every where i cant find any other related post and can please tell me like how many day it took to disappeard thx

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
I'm pleased yours disappeared. Mine which is identical in both the place and shape has been on my G3 since I got it back in July.
It still gets darker the longer you have heat build up on the screen and when it's cooled down its faint again.

ronqaldflow

Oct 26, 2009
i dont have the same luck as you guys mine are getting bigger and darker i think i have a bad lcd DAMN i really love this phone.

bpyazel

Apr 8, 2010
Same issue here. Same color, same location, same size. Mine is invisible when the phone is cool. But when the phone heats up, the yellow is very visible. :(

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
Sorry guys, I forgot to come back here with an update.
Mine eventually disappeared last week after nearly 3 months.
I believe it is the glue.
Someone told me to try leaving the phone under UV lighting. I left mine in direct sunlight for when it was not being used. Seemed to cure it in a few days.

emanimal

Nov 11, 2014
yellow spot all of a sudden!

I've updated my phone to lollipop v20e a couple of days ago. Today I noticed this little yellow spot in my phone. Coincidence or not I began to use NFC TAGS early this morning, can this be related using the NFC TAGS and having this function enabled?

ortiz1112

Nov 27, 2008
yellow screen marks

I bought my LG G3 on the 20/07/14 and after 5 months of use I have a long yellow thick line across the top left of the screen. What makes this even more concerning is my cousin bought the same handset a week before me and his now also has a thick yellow line on the screen. There is nothing you can do to get rid of it and it is more pronounced against a white background.Looks more like screen burn. Both my cousin and I have contacted LG and we are having to send our handsets to them for repair.

I have never experienced this issue with any other handset i have owned. I was unhappy that i had the issue but even more pi$$ed off that my cousin has the same thing happening which tells me either it was a huge coincidence or that these things are not fit for purpose and more and more will be going wrong in the near future.

My handset has been well cared for and never dropped. I am a moderate user so this was even more of a surprise. While the LG is getting repaired I am using my Sony z2 work phone as my personal for now and I don't think I will be swapping back when I get my LG back.

Good luck to anyone who has this issue. My concern is the same thing will happen again and then it will be my problem as it will be outside of warranty.

Juan

manups4e

Aug 15, 2010
Torino
i have it too in the up-right corner of the screen and it doesn't disappear... it just get darker with hot screen and softens when it cools down

GTRanushka

Mar 11, 2014
Kandy
Left-top corner

I also experiencing this issue for 2 months now. its a strip. and its getting longer day by day. once i tried screen burn app and 8 hours continuously screen on resulted in heated display. then, when i press that line temporary it disappears. so obviously its the glue. i'll try the direct sunlight thing. hope it'll resolve this case. it's really annoying :(
Thanks for the tips :fingers-crossed:

ch3

Oct 4, 2010
Riga
i have it too in the up-right corner of the screen and it doesn't disappear... it just get darker with hot screen and softens when it cools down

After 6-7 months of usage, same thing, in same place (upper right corner, don't dissapear - only getting bigger and darker on hot screen).
Took my phone to local warranty service, and after 1 week got call from this service - they told me, that service is REJECTED, because phone had physical damage! (WTF?!?!?!?! i haven't dropped it, and there is no crack's/spots of damage on phone!).
After telling them all this, and proposed that it may be glue, or faulty LCD/Overheat - they told me that LCD have crack from back side (?!?!?!LOL!?!?!?!).

Now i'm stuck deep in *ss, and don't know even what to do....
Anyone of you got solution to this problem?
Maybe contacting LG representives directly will help to solve this case?

10x.