I use these 2 apps to simplify the process of using Google Wallet and Maps as well as to save battery. Additionally, leaving NFC on is more of a security risk anyway. What this guide will show you is how to set up Tasker to enable NFC automatically for you when you launch Google Wallet and to enable the GPS when you use Google Maps. Whats cool is as soon as you exit the each program, it will turn NFC off or GPS off. It's great because it eliminates various annoying steps.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN, INSTALL BusyBox BY STERICSON!!
1. Download and Install Tasker and Secure Settings
2. Open Secure Settings
3. Once open, click System+ at the Top - See below
4. You should now be at the following Screen where it says Disabled with an X at the bottom - See below
5. Click Disabled to Enable this module (This requires root and if you have SuperUser or SuperSU, you will be prompted to grant Root Access)
6. Grant Root Permissions if this applies
7. If all Goes well, the module will be enabled - See below
8. Reboot the phone
9. Upon complete reboot process, open tasker
10. Click on Tasks - See below
11. Click the + at the bottom of the screen
12. Name the task NFC On as seen below
13. You will now be at the task Edit Screen, hit the + at the bottom again
14. You will see a Select Action Category Box -> select Plugin - see below
15. You will see Select Plugin Action Category Box -> select Secure Settings - see below
16. The Action edit Screen will open -> Click the pencil in the upper right corner - see below
17. All Actions will open up -> click System+ Actions - see below
18. Scroll down the list and click NFC
19. Make sure on is selected and hit the save button to the left the X - see below
20. You will come back to the task Edit Page - see below
21. Hit the softui back button 2x at the bottom of the screen until you see the Task in the list that you just created - (YOU WILL ONLY SEE NFC ON BECAUSE THATS ALL YOU CREATED SO FAR) - see below
22. Reapeat the same steps to Create NFC Off, GPS On and GPS On. Ensure you select the proper state such as on and off as it applies - see below
32. Now you will Create the Profiles, in other words, picking the Apps that you want to use
33. Go to the profiles Tab of tasker - see below
34. A Box will pop up -> select Application - see below
35. Select Google Wallet for the NFC On/Off Tasks - see below
36. Hit the softui Back button at the bottom and a task window will appear - see below
37. Select NFC On from the list and you should see the below output
38. Long Press on NFC On and a Menu will pop up - see below
39. Click Add Exit task and select NFC Off
40. You will now have the output as seen below
41. Make Sure the profile is on and you are complete!!
42. If you would like to add Maps complete the same steps as above, if you are good with what you have then you are done!!
It looks like a lot of steps but trust me its not that bad. Its easy once you get used to it!!! Enjoy and if this helped you hit the thanks button!