Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,607 Members 52,581 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Boot Animation

Tip us?

Showtek1980
Old
(Last edited by Showtek1980; 12th July 2014 at 06:58 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Default Boot Animation

Hi guys.. I'd like to share a boot animation with you all. Follow the link below but I didn't get the boot animation as described ( very strange!!!! ).. What I have is this using ( " Rotate animation without background " ) from the link below

http://allhackersnews.com/2013/11/ch...animation.html

I have the LG G Pro, too and I've found it's Lockscreen app on Play Store.. It has some really cool unlock animations (which I think are better than the G3) .. Here go

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...timus&hl=en_GB

Description
LG Optimus Lockscreen is a lock screen application which makes your phone looks exactly like LG optimus G, including Particle, Crystal, DewDrop, Ripple and WhiteHole effect, the effect is very gorgeous and smooth, simple and practical!
Application features:
1 Particle effect;
2 Crystal effect;
3 Dewdrop effect;
4 Ripple effect;
5 WhiteHole effect;
3D DewDrop effect requires root support, if your device is not rooted, dew drop will be not perfect.
Crystal projection effect requires root, if not rooted, crystal only shows wallpaper.
Note: To prevent double lock screen, enable LG Optimus Lockscreen, and choose the system lock screen as "None."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140709_182946.jpg
Views:	595
Size:	250.0 KB
ID:	2841720  
The Following User Says Thank You to Showtek1980 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

freakyd9984
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtek1980 View Post
Hi guys.. I'd like to share a boot animation with you all. Follow the link below but I didn't get the boot animation as described ( very strange!!!! ).. What I have is this using ( " Rotate animation without background " ) from the link below

http://allhackersnews.com/2013/11/ch...animation.html
I'm using the G2 with the CloudyG3 Rom... This works for me don't for get to set permissions to r-w-r-r 0644 after you copy and paste to media

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to freakyd9984 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Showtek1980
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakyd9984 View Post
I'm using the G2 with the CloudyG3 Rom... This works for me don't for get to set permissions to r-w-r-r 0644 after you copy and paste to media

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thanks for verifying mate

LGSilva
Old
Thanks Meter 137
I have no idea on how to change the boot animation on the G3 but one thing I know: I made those animations for the nexus 5 and that website just stole them... fantastic.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LGSilva For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bdubs4200
Old
Thanks Meter 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGSilva View Post
I have no idea on how to change the boot animation on the G3 but one thing I know: I made those animations for the nexus 5 and that website just stole them... fantastic.
You made a boot animation but don't know how to paste it in system/media? Either way if you did make it, that sucks man... Report it

benkxda
Old
(Last edited by benkxda; 17th July 2014 at 04:56 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1923

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGSilva View Post
I dropped them a comment under their article. There is a word for what they probably did and I hate that behavior. However, thanks for your work.

EDIT:
Just to ensure my comment or the content does not suddenly disappear, I made a PDF printout.
Please avoid sending me PM with technical questions, place a post in the proper thread instead.

We want HTTPS on XDA!

[ Device Indexes ] - LG G3 | Fairphone 1 | Google Nexus 5 | Google Chromecast | Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE | Samsung Galaxy Nexus
[ General Threads ] - Galaxy Nexus - Extracted Image Files | Nexus 5 - Extracted Image Files | Fairphone | App Translators | App Tester

Profile Extension

LGSilva
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubs4200 View Post
You made a boot animation but don't know how to paste it in system/media?
What I meant to say is "I have not looked how this phone loads the boot animation, some phones use different folders."

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubs4200 View Post
Either way if you did make it, that sucks man... Report it
Yep I made it, just check the original thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...droid-t2529277

Anyway, the one with the black background loads faster
The Following User Says Thank You to LGSilva For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Robshr
Old
Thanks Meter 150

DONATE TO ME
I tried changing the bout animation on my Verizon g3 copy and pasted to system/media and changed the permissions to rw-r-r but it didn't work all it did was eliminate the boot animation all together any ideas on how to change it. It worked fine on my g2
Thanks Rob
I forgot more than most people will ever know.
Rocking Cloudy's G3 ROM with simple kernel on my G2 and loving it
Clean ROM and elementalx kernel on nexus 7
Lg g3 running stock rooted with xposed
IF YOU LIKE MY WORK OR I'VE HELPED YOU PLEASE HIT THANKS

mestguy182
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Worked for me, thanks. I still get the Tmobile jingle on the boot screen during the Android L boot animation though... Weird

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app
Current Device:
LG G2- D801

Old Device:
HTC Amaze 4G