Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,173 Members 41,647 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[BootAnimation] Android 5.0 "L" Boot & Shutdown Animation <<Updated>> 7/27/14

Tip us?

Slash8915
Old
Thanks Meter 40
I have the D-851 US T-mobile variant.

7/13 & 7/17 Boot animations both work perfectly. However, only the 7/13 shutdown animation works.

Upstreammiami
Old
Thanks Meter 738

DONATE TO ME
The marvel animation is kinda slow.. On my note 3 it was a lot smoother

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Geezer
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Strange but with the newest shutdownanimation (7/25/14) the bootanimation (7/17/14) gets shorter - one cannot see the whole "android" sign pop out.
On the other hand the matching shutdownanimation (7/17/14) is very, very short.
Devices: LG G3 D855 (2/16GB), LG G2 32GB, LG P940 (Prada 3.0), Minix X7, Xperia Z (SGP321)
Network: T-Mobile & Play Poland

llvllaster
Old
Thanks Meter 10
After moved the both files my phone doesnt boot anymore. I also set the correct rights. Its still showing the "LG Life's Good" screen.

huskerkate
Old
Thanks Meter 75
thanks for this!! i am so glad to get rid of that dumbassed VZW BA - gak!

KachowPow
Old
(Last edited by KachowPow; Yesterday at 07:44 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 282

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstreammiami View Post
The marvel animation is kinda slow.. On my note 3 it was a lot smoother

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
This is the FINAL Revision of the Marvel-DC Bootanimation, I'm done working on this one. I have other Boot Animation projects for the G3 that I want to get started on. Click here to access the Mega link here or check the OP for the Master Folder link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by llvllaster View Post
After moved the both files my phone doesnt boot anymore. I also set the correct rights. Its still showing the "LG Life's Good" screen.
We all may have LG G3's in this forum (for the most part), but there are plenty of different variants and carriers, hard to help, if we don't know what variant and carrier you have (also my want to read through the thread before posting as your question has most likely been answered already)....

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerkate View Post
thanks for this!! i am so glad to get rid of that dumbassed VZW BA - gak!
Success! Glad you're enjoying this thread!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KachowPow For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mi|enko
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by KachowPow View Post
This is the FINAL Revision of the Marvel-DC Bootanimation, I'm done working on this one. I have other Boot Animation projects for the G3 that I want to get started on. Click here to access the Mega link here or check the OP for the Master Folder link.

We all may have LG G3's in this forum (for the most part), but there are plenty of different variants and carriers, hard to help, if we don't know what variant and carrier you have (also my want to read through the thread before posting as your question has most likely been answered already)....

Success! Glad you're enjoying this thread!
Thanks for the Marvel/DC BA. I edited the images in mine to be 1080x1920 (but left the desc.txt to still play at full size). This translated to far superior results with fluidity of the animations. This is a practice I've been doing for a while, as you can play a lower resolution but higher quality image far more smoothly, than a lower quality full res image.