Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,502 Members 42,356 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[BootAnimation] Android "L" 5.0 Boot/Shutdown [LG G3 Collection] <<Updated>> 9/7/14

Tip us?

kjei19
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Wow! Serious thanks to all the awesome BA/SAs posted, as well as a huge thanks to the OP for working on/gathering them. I don't know which to choose!

So far, all of them work great. Using Verizon's LG G3 (VS985, software version VS98510B).

Quick question, though. I was wondering if anyone figured out how to remove the "LG Life is Good" splash screen that comes before the BA.

OP, if you feel this would be better placed in its own thread, I will happily do so. I read every post in this thread, and people hinted at that still being there but I did not see a solution as of yet.

Again, thanks for the awesomeness!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to kjei19 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jebarooney
Old
Thanks Meter 0
First off, thanks very much to OP for all of these! Question: Am I seeing things, or is the Android logo in the Android L BA a little bit fuzzy?

HPTesla
Old
(Last edited by HPTesla; 14th September 2014 at 04:13 AM.)
Thanks Meter 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by KachowPow View Post
I'm more than happy to take a look at it. Anything that I find or post, the credit is yours.
I'm having the same problem on the Sprint variant. I've made tons of boot animations for the Sprint Lg Optimus G but it doesn't seem to want to work on the G3. I changed both bootanimation_sprint.zip and the PowerOn.ogg/PowerOn_Sprint.ogg files. It played the sound file but instead of the sprint animation or my animation it reverted to the lg bootani. So I replaced that - now the music doesnt play and I just get a black screen before the homescreen loads.......Any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I figured out why my bootanimation wasn't working. The structure has to be a bit more exact then it was on the Optimus G. Now both animation and sound are working. Thanks for all your hard work!

Like the banner? Original Dr Who image found here.

Sprint LS990 LG G3
Rooted and currently praying to the bootloader gods.......

Nexus 7 2nd Gen 2013
with Multirom TWRP 2.6.3

RETIRED
Sprint LS970 LG Optimus G
HTC EVO 4G

My android bootanimations can all be found here.

“The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine.” - Nikola Tesla

HPTesla
Old
Thanks Meter 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDynamo View Post
Anyone?
On Sprint you have to replace them in system/media and sounds in system/media/audio/ui. But you ALSO have to delete/rename the folder carrier/cust/poweron and carrier/cust/poweroff.

I deleted those folders and it worked for me - otherwise the Sprint spark stuff will still show.

Like the banner? Original Dr Who image found here.

Sprint LS990 LG G3
Rooted and currently praying to the bootloader gods.......

Nexus 7 2nd Gen 2013
with Multirom TWRP 2.6.3

RETIRED
Sprint LS970 LG Optimus G
HTC EVO 4G

My android bootanimations can all be found here.

“The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine.” - Nikola Tesla

st0nez0r
Old
Thanks Meter 75
I almost forgot about this thread, as i'd just gotten used to the broken shutdown animation, but...

I wanted to take the time to report in that the latest shutdown posted works perfectly on my att g3. Thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to st0nez0r For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zakkyzombie
Old
Thanks Meter 89

DONATE TO ME
Is there any like abstract or geometric bootanimations?

Sent from my LG G3.