FORUMS

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

[BootAnimation & Shutdownanimation] MASSIVE G3 Collection <<Over 66+>> 10/9/14

354 posts
Thanks Meter: 592

By KachowPow, Senior Member on 13th July 2014, 08:53 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
26th April 2015, 05:16 PM |#331  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvine97

is there any way to change this? my device won't load any shutdown animation. i was wondering if anyone could help me with this.

anyone?

6th May 2015, 11:13 PM |#332  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I had issue where my phone was soft bricked when I added a shutdown anim to my g3, all I got was back screen. luckly I did a backup via twrp when I loaded rr rom and was back up and running... I just have a boot animation to replace the resurrection remix boot cause it well sucked to be honest.. im using the one from nexus one in this thread and it works with the d851
23rd May 2015, 02:47 PM |#333  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KachowPow

More Bootanimations & Shutdownanimations to go around...

Here is the Mediafire folder link. Linux Android Bootscreen [/CENTER]

Linux bootscreen link doesn't work.

EDIT:
Anyone up for converting the cyanogen animation (in different colors)?
Cyanogen

Last edited by Necromancer3; 23rd May 2015 at 03:12 PM.
31st May 2015, 12:48 PM |#334  
Thanks Meter: 101

More
The Android 5 bootanimation is laggy and slow, anyone has the good one?
5th June 2015, 04:59 PM |#335  
Flag Georgia
Thanks Meter: 40

More
for anyone that might still be having issues i finally got boot and shutdown animations working on my Sprint LS990. Before working on this I realized my phone never showed a boot animation. It just had the splash screen until it booted up. There was a shutdown animation thought.

I'm not saying you should do this, i'm just telling you what I had to do to get mine working...
1. Delete the carrier/cust/poweron and poweroff folders (back-up first to SD card if you're worried)
2. Remove all carrier specific and current bootanimation.zip/shutdownanimation.zip files from data/local and system/media. (Again I made backups of all of mine just in case).
2. Make 2 copies of your boot or shutdown animation. You'll have a bootanimation.zip. and bootanimation_sprint.zip which will be the same file. Same thing if you want to do shutdown animations.
3. Put any boot/shutdown animations you want into data/local. If you want boot and shut down animations, you'll have 4 files named bootanimation.zip, bootanimation_sprint.zip, shutdownanimation.zip, and shutdownanimation_sprint.zip.
4. this may not be needed but I found I did not need any boot or shutdown animation zip files in system/media. I found this out when i tried to copy all the files added in step 2 to system/media and realized the files wouldn't fit. I kept getting a no more room error. I've used both ES File Explorer and FX without issue.

Hope this helps anyone else that's stuck!

Thanks to HPTesla for the info in this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...94&postcount=6! His info led my down step #2 above.
6th June 2015, 06:19 AM |#336  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan.strunk

for anyone that might still be having issues i finally got boot and shutdown animations working on my Sprint LS990. Before working on this I realized my phone never showed a boot animation. It just had the splash screen until it booted up. There was a shutdown animation thought.

I'm not saying you should do this, i'm just telling you what I had to do to get mine working...
1. Delete the carrier/cust/poweron and poweroff folders (back-up first to SD card if you're worried)
2. Remove all carrier specific and current bootanimation.zip/shutdownanimation.zip files from data/local and system/media. (Again I made backups of all of mine just in case).
2. Make 2 copies of your boot or shutdown animation. You'll have a bootanimation.zip. and bootanimation_sprint.zip which will be the same file. Same thing if you want to do shutdown animations.
3. Put any boot/shutdown animations you want into data/local. If you want boot and shut down animations, you'll have 4 files named bootanimation.zip, bootanimation_sprint.zip, shutdownanimation.zip, and shutdownanimation_sprint.zip.
4. this may not be needed but I found I did not need any boot or shutdown animation zip files in system/media. I found this out when i tried to copy all the files added in step 2 to system/media and realized the files wouldn't fit. I kept getting a no more room error. I've used both ES File Explorer and FX without issue.

Hope this helps anyone else that's stuck!

Thanks to HPTesla for the info in this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...94&postcount=6! His info led my down step #2 above.

Thank you for this! I was stuck on my sprint G3 and only shutdownanimation was working. I followed your steps and now i have bootanimation... but only shows about half a second. Splash screen takes too long imo, then bootanimation and the lockscreen...

I don't understand whats going on but if anyone has had this issue i would appreciate some help. Thx!
6th June 2015, 12:29 PM |#337  
Thanks Meter: 101

More
Set permissions rw-r-r-t
8th June 2015, 12:36 PM |#338  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
The size of the Gas Mask boot and shutdown animations are right? ~250mb each?
9th June 2015, 12:33 AM |#339  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorwoo

Set permissions rw-r-r-t

Seems to have no effect on the Sprint G3 (LS990). I experienced the same thing @Android03 when doing the method in Post 335. A split second of bootanimation after a longer than normal time on the LG splash screen. I was using the Blue Plasma & Light Show one. Shutdown animation + sound works fine.

I got a working bootanimation going when I extracted @HPTesla BarePop-themed one found in the flashable zip linked in Post 2 of @engine95's BarePop LS990 ROM thread. I dropped it in /system/media and set permissions to rw-r-r. BUT the LG splash screen still took an abnormally long time.

There is a bit more to it, I think, than what HPTesla says here in Post 237. He says:

Quote:

1440 2560 30
p 1 0 part0
p 1 0 part1
It should look like this
1440 2560 30
p 1 0 part0
c 1 0 part1

In the BarePop bootani zip, the files are part0_1, part1_1 and desc.txt which contains:

Code:
1440 1440 30p 1 0 part0_0c 1 0 part0_1p 0 0 part1_1
It's all on one line with a carriage return at the end for an empty 2nd line. In HPTesla's DoctorWho bootani that jonathan.strunk linked to in his post above, the zip contains: part1 and desc.txt, which contains:

Code:
1440 2560 30p 1 0 part0c 1 0 part1
Again, all on one line with a carriage return for an empty 2nd line. Note it does not contain a folder called part0 but references it still. So basically we need to figure out how to take the bootanimations in this thread and lay out explicitly the steps for Sprint users to make them work for functional. So for example, the BluePlasma&LightShow zip contains part0_0, part0_1 and desc.txt which contains:

Code:
1440 2560 90
p 1 0 part0_0
p 1 0 part0_1
Text on three different lines...with the carriage return at the end for an empty 4th line. How do we convert that to work for Sprint?

I can't tinker with it anymore right now because I need the phone up and running since I'm tethering, I'll be able to experiment more tomorrow.
Last edited by cabbieBot; 9th June 2015 at 12:37 AM.
16th June 2015, 11:59 PM |#340  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Post Having problem with boot Animation
Hi,

I did permission as you said and copy the bootanimation zip file and shutdownanimation.zip into the folder /system/media, I can see SAMSUNG Logo after LG Logo, If i copy adn replay of any new bootanimation and shutdown animation downloaded from your given link i can see SAMSUNG Logo after LG Logo
I have LG G2 5.0.2 CyanogenMod Version 12-20150613-Nightly-d800

Please HELP!!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread