Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,375 Members 45,100 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Exchange Mail App alternative?

Tip us?

fastguy
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by sshark View Post
I am attaching screenshots from my device. Also, I couldn't get APK/ODEX from my device but got these from Verizon G2 stock rooted ROM.

All files go under /system/priv-app/.

Report back to us if this worked and/or if you like it.
Hi I don't think this lgemail app would work without its LG exchange app. Could you also post it? It shall be in /system/app

sshark
Old
(Last edited by sshark; 19th July 2014 at 07:34 PM.) Reason: Added link to dropbox
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastguy View Post
Hi I don't think this lgemail app would work without its LG exchange app. Could you also post it? It shall be in /system/app
That was my first instinct too, and I searched before uploading. There is no file with names exchange or exchange.apk or lgexchange.apk in the folder.

I think, unlike GoogleMail, exchange is baked into LGEmail app.

Perhaps, finding de-odexed version of LGEmail might help. Also, I don't know if there are any references to framework APK in LGEmail file that I uploaded. Not having proper framework will prohibit functioning of the app.

I think, we are off of assumption that framework between G2 and G3 is compatible....

---
Here is entire folder containing all files from /system/framework folder

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y3fn7j73ys6ojm1/framework.zip

fastguy
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Thanks and very strange indeed to not have an exchange one. So I tried it on my Cyanogenmod and it does force close when launched. Maybe the ODEX story or it may be calling some specific add on in frameworks by LG skin.