Favorite text app? (Hangout, stock, something different)

Search This thread

cpg1987

Sep 30, 2010
Huntsville, AL
CM Messaging is the best one to me right now. I've tried Textra, QKSMS, Evolve SMS, and 8sms. I love the layout in CM messaging and the pop up window when receiving a text is a must have.

Saenzscene

Jun 30, 2011
El Paso
I love textra but I cannot use the multi colored led for each contact with it. I like having different color led for certain groups. It may sound like a small thing but it keeps me from using it. If I could do this, I would be using textra.

Sent from my LG-D850

Richieboy67

Dec 10, 2011
CT
www.talkdevelopment.net
Mysms. Free version. Paid version let's you text from PC and other devices. Best sms so I could find and I tried many. Gosms is also good but too much money.

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app

Henri Blanche

Nov 14, 2008
Duluth, GA
I've been using Go SMS Pro for ages. A recent enhancement that I really like is the countdown timer after you send a text. It gives you a few moments to second-guess and review your text and let's you cancel it before it's really gone. Astonishing how useful that has turned out to be.

treezy26

Sep 30, 2010
Got a question guys. Who here uses hangouts? And if so, do yall have issues with it? I constantly have issues where sometimes I don't get messages unless I open up the app and the contact who messages me. Now this only happens if I'm on data but on wifi it works perfect. Anyone else have this issue?

DominikAT

Mar 27, 2011
i'm using Hangouts.

A lot of my Friends are on Hangouts, and SMS integration works just fine for me.

I refuse to use WhatsApp. - I also had FB-Messenger installed, but i bearly need it, so i deleted it. For my FB-needs is the Web-Version good enough.

Top Liked Posts