Ask a question

No registration required

[LS990] Custom Boot Animations

OP RedNova1203

25th August 2014, 01:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

7 posts
Some time ago I came across a thread for the LGG2 that showed how to change the stock boot animations with custom versions. Assuming that it would work with the LGG3 as well I attempted it, with disappointing results that the Sprint Spark animations were still there and not the custom ones. After some digging in Root Browser I came across the carrier specific boot animations and managed to get the custom animations to work. The first set that I replaced didn't reflect at all, but after replacing the second set of animations it worked flawlessly.

One set that I found was located in the location /system/media and the following files I found were:
bootanimation.zip
bootanimation_sprint.zip
shutdownanimation.zip
shutdownanimation_sprint.zip

Meanwhile the second set was located at /carrier/cust with two sub folders labeled poweron and poweroff, each containing their own files:
/poweron
bootanimation.zip
PowerOn.ogg

/poweroff
PowerOff.ogg
shutdownanimation.zip

After replacing both sets of files a reboot confirmed that the boot animations were successfully replaced! As of this post I am unsure if the first set of files needs to be replaces as well or if the ones in /carrier/cust only need to be replaced, I am assuming that since it didn't reflect the first time with only the first set replaced that the second set is all that needs to be changed. I can confirm that this works on the LS990 but I am insure of any other models, so try it and report back if it worked for you. Since your modifying system files you will need to have root (StumpRoot for Sprint users).

~LGG3 via Chrome
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RedNova1203 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th December 2014, 09:30 PM   |  #2  
H-Town
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
More
Good post. I'm wanting to try it. Did you just stock any old boot animation in as replacement or is there a specific type? Thx.

Sent from my LGLS990 using XDA Free mobile app
13th December 2014, 08:05 PM   |  #3  
Flag Nashville
Thanks Meter: 21

129 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNova1203

Some time ago I came across a thread for the LGG2 that showed how to change the stock boot animations with custom versions. Assuming that it would work with the LGG3 as well I attempted it, with disappointing results that the Sprint Spark animations were still there and not the custom ones. After some digging in Root Browser I came across the carrier specific boot animations and managed to get the custom animations to work. The first set that I replaced didn't reflect at all, but after replacing the second set of animations it worked flawlessly.

One set that I found was located in the location /system/media and the following files I found were:
bootanimation.zip
bootanimation_sprint.zip
shutdownanimation.zip
shutdownanimation_sprint.zip

Meanwhile the second set was located at /carrier/cust with two sub folders labeled poweron and poweroff, each containing their own files:
/poweron
bootanimation.zip
PowerOn.ogg

/poweroff
PowerOff.ogg
shutdownanimation.zip

After replacing both sets of files a reboot confirmed that the boot animations were successfully replaced! As of this post I am unsure if the first set of files needs to be replaces as well or if the ones in /carrier/cust only need to be replaced, I am assuming that since it didn't reflect the first time with only the first set replaced that the second set is all that needs to be changed. I can confirm that this works on the LS990 but I am insure of any other models, so try it and report back if it worked for you. Since your modifying system files you will need to have root (StumpRoot for Sprint users).

~LGG3 via Chrome

You are right, but to put a custom bootani replace the bootanimation.zip, now the file replace it with (just overwrite) change permissions to RW,r,r and that's it no t or sticky required.

I have a few and all I do is copy, paste and change permissions in system, media.
To change the sound its in system, media, audio, ui. Apply same procedure

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

Remove the one's in carrier,custom or .bak them
Then you change the one's in system
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread