Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,168 Members 51,253 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] [Xposed] Chromecast SystemUI Crash Fix

Tip us?

flak0
Old
Thanks Meter 479

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerSp View Post
As lenny said, I will need a logcat to check what needs fixing. It might be that more methods in AudioManager need patching.
Thanks for creating this. I just tried on my Tmobile Note 10.1 2014 LTE and it hangs whenever I try to screencast using the Google Chromecast app. It works for about a min and then just hangs requiring a reboot. If you could fix this it would be awesome. I dont know how to provide logcat though if system crashes, Thankss.
Tmobile GS3
Rom: Wicked V10
Simply Smooth running Ktoonesz Kernel
8 GB SD

Retired Phones:
G2X
G2
DAY-1 Nexus One

Bounty Link for LG CAM on GB:
Check out the thread and discussion here
Use this to Donate to the Project Itself for all of those involved in the hardwork Jface,Doniqq, and myself

Lennyuk
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1373

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by flak0 View Post
Thanks for creating this. I just tried on my Tmobile Note 10.1 2014 LTE and it hangs whenever I try to screencast using the Google Chromecast app. It works for about a min and then just hangs requiring a reboot. If you could fix this it would be awesome. I dont know how to provide logcat though if system crashes, Thankss.
read this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1726238
I am some sort of dev and a writer for LandofDroid. I am also a member of HTC Elevate. Was a member of the now defunct "Team Villain" aka VillainRom.

Guide to Unroot LG G3 for OTA
Chromecast System UI Crash Fix

http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic2315688_1.gif

Device info:

Current: LG G3, Google LG Nexus 5, Chromecast, Acer C720 Chromebook
Retired: HTC One, Google LG Nexus 4, Google Asus Nexus 7 Samsung Galaxy Note II Samsung Galaxy S III, Advent Vega (Tablet), Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire Z, HTC Desire HD, HTC Desire, HTC Hero

www.lennyuk.co.uk
Twitter | Google+
Like what I do? help me have a coffee<----- This is a link

flak0
Old
Thanks Meter 479

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyuk View Post
Thanks for sharing the link, I know how to do it from adb however im at work and we cant install adb on the work computers. I can run logat through catlog however once system crashes no way to get it as android wipes log on reboot.
Tmobile GS3
Rom: Wicked V10
Simply Smooth running Ktoonesz Kernel
8 GB SD

Retired Phones:
G2X
G2
DAY-1 Nexus One

Bounty Link for LG CAM on GB:
Check out the thread and discussion here
Use this to Donate to the Project Itself for all of those involved in the hardwork Jface,Doniqq, and myself

HomerSp
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by flak0 View Post
Thanks for sharing the link, I know how to do it from adb however im at work and we cant install adb on the work computers. I can run logat through catlog however once system crashes no way to get it as android wipes log on reboot.
You should be able to use catlog's record function (menu -> Record), that should catch the system hang too I think.

eraursls1984
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Does this fix the crash by removing the volume slider? If so does it also remove the brightness slider? I can do without the volume slider, but I use the brightness slider a lot.

Lennyuk
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1373

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eraursls1984 View Post
Does this fix the crash by removing the volume slider? If so does it also remove the brightness slider? I can do without the volume slider, but I use the brightness slider a lot.
It does not remove the sliders, they still function, and either way, it doesn't touch the brightness slider at all.
I am some sort of dev and a writer for LandofDroid. I am also a member of HTC Elevate. Was a member of the now defunct "Team Villain" aka VillainRom.

Guide to Unroot LG G3 for OTA
Chromecast System UI Crash Fix

http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic2315688_1.gif

Device info:

Current: LG G3, Google LG Nexus 5, Chromecast, Acer C720 Chromebook
Retired: HTC One, Google LG Nexus 4, Google Asus Nexus 7 Samsung Galaxy Note II Samsung Galaxy S III, Advent Vega (Tablet), Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire Z, HTC Desire HD, HTC Desire, HTC Hero

www.lennyuk.co.uk
Twitter | Google+
Like what I do? help me have a coffee<----- This is a link
The Following User Says Thank You to Lennyuk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shayind4
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerSp View Post
Could you get me a log of that happening? I want to check if you and @Zod09999 have the same problem (which seems likely).
Hi

Logcat attached. Note 2014 10.1 LTE SM-P605.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip catlogzip1.zip - [Click for QR Code] (228.6 KB, 1 views)

HomerSp
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by shayind4 View Post
Hi

Logcat attached. Note 2014 10.1 LTE SM-P605.

Thanks
I can't find a hang in that log, are you sure catlog caught it? A better way would be to use adb, that's sure to catch it.

I made an apk that should fix the problem @Zod09999 has, but he never got back to me if it worked or not, so feel free to try it yourself: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...sedCastFix.apk