Ask a question

No registration required

[MOD] [Xposed] Chromecast SystemUI Crash Fix

OP Lennyuk

27th November 2014, 07:16 PM   |  #51  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
More
I got a system update this morning on my Samsung Galaxy tab pro 8.4 and I have not experienced a crash using Chromecast, and I've been trying to get it to crash by pulling down the status bar. My Tab is stock.
28th November 2014, 03:30 AM   |  #52  
Thanks Meter: 2

11 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrya

I got a system update this morning on my Samsung Galaxy tab pro 8.4 and I have not experienced a crash using Chromecast, and I've been trying to get it to crash by pulling down the status bar. My Tab is stock.

Are you using the Mirror cast enabler? And it wasn't the 5.0 update right?

Sent from my SM-T330NU using XDA Free mobile app
8th December 2014, 08:00 AM   |  #53  

6 posts
Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyuk

As many of you will be aware, Samsung and more specifically for our needs, LG, devices have a strange SystemUI Crash when casting from certain apps (mainly the Google ones).

Why does this occur?
Well it is because LG and Samsung modify their status bar to include volume sliders, even if you disable the sliders the code still exists and this clashes with the way casting apps operate.

So for the fix, I asked my good friend @HomerSp to take a look at this error for me, now he doesn't have an LG G3 and this didn't benefit him at all, but he did it to help me, and for the fun of it, so all thanks should be directed to him.

He has built us an xposed module that stops the crash, as far as my testing has gone it seems to be working fine now.

The APK is attached.

Homer tells me he doesn't have paypal at the moment so don't worry about donating, if you really feel compelled to then please donate to charity, or give it to me and I will ensure that it ends up with either Homersp or a charity.

Are you a samsung user that found this page?
This module might fix your errors too, its worth a try it can't cause any harm as you can simply deactivate it if it doesn't work, or gives you different errors.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! IT SOLVED THE ISSUE ON MY NOTE PRO, AND I'M SO HAPPY!

Sorry for the yelling, just so excited to use Chromecast again!
11th December 2014, 06:23 PM   |  #54  
Thanks Meter: 2

11 posts
More
Today's update to the Chromecast app fixed the System.ui crash. Along with being able to cast from all devices. And not needing to be on the same Wifi network to be able to cast. Also no longer need the Chromecast app to cast. Can now cast directly from chromecast apps. (YouTube, Netflix...) I've tested it on my Samsung Galaxy tab 4 8.0 and all works well. Still thanks to @Lennyuk and @HomerSp for the original fix, as this was the answer to all my Chromecast problems.

Update - system.ui is crashing again 😠
Last edited by Snow_Ghost; 11th December 2014 at 11:00 PM.
15th December 2014, 06:56 AM   |  #55  

1 posts
How to install ?
Ok, I rooted my tablet and installed supersu. How do I install xposedcastfix??
nvm I figured it out.
Last edited by mike0711; 15th December 2014 at 08:29 PM.
15th December 2014, 09:54 AM   |  #56  
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 36

349 posts
More
Wow thanks for this! It worked like a charm on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (NF9 firmware).
21st December 2014, 07:15 PM   |  #57  
Thanks Meter: 48

131 posts
Is there a way to apply the changes without Xposed? I'm rooted but don't want Xposed on my system, would prefer to manually edit/flash any system files that need changing.
24th December 2014, 06:21 PM   |  #58  
Flag Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 12

109 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietrao

Works perfectly for me, note 10.1 2014 LTE with Play Music, movie, youtube and screen mirror, no more crash!

Which firmware version are you on? still no crashes? I'm using a Modified Stock ROM xKat 6.0 (based on XXUCNJ1 ) and it still crashes when using with chromecast...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread