[MOD] [Xposed] Chromecast SystemUI Crash Fix

Search This thread
I have Xposed installed with Gravitybox. I use this for Data/WiFi arrows. Xposed has updated some modules or codes in it and asked me to reboot. As soon I rebooted the phone, I was getting error in the Music apps.

I am suddenly facing music apps crashes. I have two music apps, Default Music app and Apollo. As soon as my phone is booted these two apps gets crashed and gives a pop up as follows,

"Unfortunately, Music has stopped."

"Unfortunately, Apollo has stopped."

I am getting the same above pop up even when I open the the music apps.

Later I uninstalled Gravitybox and Xposed as well. But still I am facing the same error for Music apps.

Plese help. Im running SlimKAT 4.4.4 Stable 7.0 in Galaxy S3 I9300.
aaah sorry but your problem doesnt get in the right place :rolleyes:
but eventho i will help u cuz i'm a badboy ;)
have u tried to wipe the caches?
if it still doesnt work , format your system partition and reflsh the rom ;)

Reactions: thdervenis

pietrao

Jun 10, 2012
Works perfectly for me, note 10.1 2014 LTE with Play Music, movie, youtube and screen mirror, no more crash!

Snow_Ghost

Jan 26, 2014
Ottawa
Chromecast still crashing system

I downloaded the XposedCastFix apk from within this thread and installed it on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8 and I still get the systemui crash. Did I do something wrong? I'm reading that this fix is working for everyone else but me. My device is rooted and running Android version 4.4.2. Any info regarding this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

thdervenis

Jun 21, 2014
Athens
Xiaomi Pad 6
I downloaded the XposedCastFix apk from within this thread and installed it on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8 and I still get the systemui crash. Did I do something wrong? I'm reading that this fix is working for everyone else but me. My device is rooted and running Android version 4.4.2. Any info regarding this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I don't know about Galaxy Tab 4, but have you installed Xposed framework and activated the module?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk.

Snow_Ghost

Jan 26, 2014
Ottawa
I just installed the Xposed framework now and enabled the module. All is working well. Thanks for this fix and the reply.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using XDA Free mobile app

Jadowers

Nov 20, 2014
For the Samsung users who fixed this problem.. I have a Samsung Galaxy tab pro.. Does it need to be rooted to do this? I installed the apk but didn't seem to change anything.

gerrya

Sep 9, 2013
I got a system update this morning on my Samsung Galaxy tab pro 8.4 and I have not experienced a crash using Chromecast, and I've been trying to get it to crash by pulling down the status bar. My Tab is stock.

Snow_Ghost

Jan 26, 2014
Ottawa
I got a system update this morning on my Samsung Galaxy tab pro 8.4 and I have not experienced a crash using Chromecast, and I've been trying to get it to crash by pulling down the status bar. My Tab is stock.

Are you using the Mirror cast enabler? And it wasn't the 5.0 update right?

Sent from my SM-T330NU using XDA Free mobile app

hellomiakoda

May 26, 2009
As many of you will be aware, Samsung and more specifically for our needs, LG, devices have a strange SystemUI Crash when casting from certain apps (mainly the Google ones).

Why does this occur?
Well it is because LG and Samsung modify their status bar to include volume sliders, even if you disable the sliders the code still exists and this clashes with the way casting apps operate.

So for the fix, I asked my good friend @HomerSp to take a look at this error for me, now he doesn't have an LG G3 and this didn't benefit him at all, but he did it to help me, and for the fun of it, so all thanks should be directed to him.

He has built us an xposed module that stops the crash, as far as my testing has gone it seems to be working fine now.

The APK is attached.

Homer tells me he doesn't have paypal at the moment so don't worry about donating, if you really feel compelled to then please donate to charity, or give it to me and I will ensure that it ends up with either Homersp or a charity.

Are you a samsung user that found this page?
This module might fix your errors too, its worth a try it can't cause any harm as you can simply deactivate it if it doesn't work, or gives you different errors.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! IT SOLVED THE ISSUE ON MY NOTE PRO, AND I'M SO HAPPY!

Sorry for the yelling, just so excited to use Chromecast again!

Snow_Ghost

Jan 26, 2014
Ottawa
Today's update to the Chromecast app fixed the System.ui crash. Along with being able to cast from all devices. And not needing to be on the same Wifi network to be able to cast. Also no longer need the Chromecast app to cast. Can now cast directly from chromecast apps. (YouTube, Netflix...) I've tested it on my Samsung Galaxy tab 4 8.0 and all works well. Still thanks to @Lennyuk and @HomerSp for the original fix, as this was the answer to all my Chromecast problems.

Update - system.ui is crashing again ?

Last edited:

mike0711

Dec 15, 2014
How to install ?

Ok, I rooted my tablet and installed supersu. How do I install xposedcastfix??
nvm I figured it out.

Last edited:

japper88

Sep 15, 2009
Wow thanks for this! It worked like a charm on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (NF9 firmware).

codified

Jun 16, 2013
Is there a way to apply the changes without Xposed? I'm rooted but don't want Xposed on my system, would prefer to manually edit/flash any system files that need changing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As many of you will be aware, Samsung and more specifically for our needs, LG, devices have a strange SystemUI Crash when casting from certain apps (mainly the Google ones).

Why does this occur?
    Well it is because LG and Samsung modify their status bar to include volume sliders, even if you disable the sliders the code still exists and this clashes with the way casting apps operate.

So for the fix, I asked my good friend @HomerSp to take a look at this error for me, now he doesn't have an LG G3 and this didn't benefit him at all, but he did it to help me, and for the fun of it, so all thanks should be directed to him.

He has built us an xposed module that stops the crash, as far as my testing has gone it seems to be working fine now.

The APK is attached.

Homer tells me he doesn't have paypal at the moment so don't worry about donating, if you really feel compelled to then please donate to charity, or give it to me and I will ensure that it ends up with either Homersp or a charity.

Are you a samsung user that found this page?
    This module might fix your errors too, its worth a try it can't cause any harm as you can simply deactivate it if it doesn't work, or gives you different errors.
    Hey guys, I just uploaded the source code to Github in case anyone wants to have a look at how I fixed this bug: https://github.com/HomerSp/XposedCastFix.

EDIT: I also added some information about why this bug occurs, in hopes that either Samsung and LG, or Google (yes, it's as much their problem as it is the manufacturers) fix this problem.
    Any chance to get that working for the Samsung Note 10.1 2014?
    Same issues with the installed apk as without it.
    As lenny said, I will need a logcat to check what needs fixing. It might be that more methods in AudioManager need patching.
    After a few reboots it works for me too. YouTube was very lazy. Now it's okay

Gesendet von meinem LG-D802 mit Tapatalk
    Works on G Flex to? i have the same problem :(
    Should work on the G Flex too, but as I don't actually have any of these devices I can't be sure. If you do get a problem make sure to send me a logcat so I can try and fix it.
    For your information, Xposedcastfix worked smoothly (screen mirroring) on Note 10.1 2014 LTE (P605) after installation (but without audio playing Asphalt7)). It stopped working after first disconnect. System UI has been crashing ever since. Worked with audio on second try after deactivating module/reactivating/reboot, but not on third and fourth tries.

I only have problem with 'Screen mirroring' but not chromecasting you tube etc.

Thanks
    Does SystemUI crash or hang (Force Close vs App Not Responding)? @Zod09999 has the same device (a Note 10.1 variant) and SystemUI hangs there. We are working on a fix for that.