Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,562 Members 53,891 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] Exchange Security Bypass - 4.4.2

Tip us?

crazyagg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 221

DONATE TO ME
Default [MOD] Exchange Security Bypass - 4.4.2

This is a tested and working Exchange Security Bypass that I am using on my AT&T LG G3. This mod should work on any variant of LG G3 that is running stock or AOSP ROM's.

All credit goes to the below developer, I was simply looking for a solution to bypass the exchange security policy that required me to have a password or pin on my lockscreen. After several tests using Xposed Framework and other APK's I came across this and it works flawlessly. You can see the developers thread here.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1965468

DISCLAIMER: I'm not responsible if:

You get caught by your employer and are punished in any way
This bricks, breaks, scratches, dents, misplaces or cracks your phone
This security bypass leads to any negative outcome.

USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I have rooted my phone and used Root Browser to perform the following steps (You can use ADB as well, please follow the guide in the link above).

Instructions:
1. MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR STOCK EMAIL (LGEmail.apk & LGEmail.odex) - Copy and place it in another folder incase anything happens and you want to revert.
*Stock LG Email is located in system/priv-app
2. After your make a backup, delete the stock LGEmail.apk and LGEmail.odex files
3. Download the files attached to this post and put them in the system/app folder
4. Change the permissions of the two new APK's (Exchange2.apk & Email.apk) to rw-r-r (DON'T FORGET TO DO THIS)
4. Once the 2 files (Exchange2.apk & Email.apk) are placed in your system/app folder, click on them and install
5. That's it...close out of your root explorer, open your new email app and set up your exchange account.

I hope this helps users who are looking for a solution to their exchange security issues like I was. Enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: apk Email.apk - [Click for QR Code] (4.99 MB, 120 views)
File Type: apk Exchange2.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.10 MB, 110 views)
LG G3 - AT&T Knock! Knock!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crazyagg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hello00
Old
Thanks Meter 2,341
btw u can only do this if u are rooted..for those who arent dont even try it
-Black&Cyan for ICS 4.0.4, JB 4.1.1 and CM10 AOSP Theme Apps, -Blacked Out Gapps, Custom Batt% & Icons
-HTC Sense Camera for HTC One m7 Google Edition Roms 4.2.2 Click Here
-★ [THEMED] Kitkat 4.4 Mms.apk Dark Holo & More ★Here
★ ★ UCCW Clocks by me Click here ★ ★

GroovyGeek
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyagg View Post
1. MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR STOCK EMAIL (LGEmail.apk & LGEmail.odex) - Copy and place it in another folder incase anything happens and you want to revert.
*Stock LG Email is located in system/priv-app
2. After your make a backup, delete the stock LGEmail.apk and LGEmail.odex files
It should not be necessary to delete the LGE apps, the two can work side by side. And if you are set on disabling the LGE app it is probably better to freeze it with TBU than delete, in case you change your mind later.

Those contemplating the use of this mod should keep in mind that the LGE stock email app is FAR, FAR, FAR more intelligent than the stock KK email app when it comes to autoconfiguring your Exchange connection. In fact I recommend running the LGE stock app first, then going into settings and taking a screenshot to document how the account was configured. You will almost certainly have to enter this information manually into the KK app because it will be unable to figure it out on its own.

canecbr600
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Why not just edit data\system locksettings.db ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to canecbr600 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

crazyagg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 221

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by canecbr600 View Post
Why not just edit data\system locksettings.db ?
Because I'm nit sure what to edit, I've always just used a hacked APK. Please feel free to shed some light though and provide a little more detail.

You've peaked my interest.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

canecbr600
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Because I'm nit sure what to edit, I've always just used a hacked APK. Please feel free to shed some light though and provide a little more detail.

You've peaked my interest.

Go to data/system and there is a file locksettings.db. Open it in SQL editor. Next tap on locksettings, and u should have a item listed as lockscreen.password_type . Change the value for this to 0. That will change lockscreen to swipe to unlock.....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to canecbr600 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

crazyagg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 221

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Go to data/system and there is a file locksettings.db. Open it in SQL editor. Next tap on locksettings, and u should have a item listed as lockscreen.password_type . Change the value for this to 0. That will change lockscreen to swipe to unlock.....
I'm assuming I'd need to set up exchange first and once it enforces the password lock I'd need to modify the file? I would assume when adding an exchange account it would change change that value.

canecbr600
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
I'm assuming I'd need to set up exchange first and once it enforces the password lock I'd need to modify the file? I would assume when adding an exchange account it would change change that value.

Yes sir, you got it. I always use this method, with stock exchange email.
The Following User Says Thank You to canecbr600 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JPD19
Old
Thanks Meter 1
LG Email has no widget, which is a killer for me. I'm following all the directions above but unable to install the Exchange, though the Email was easily installed. Any thoughts on why?

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

Has anyone tried this method?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1749921
*** ROOTED LG G3 ***

I'M NOT A DEV, BUT I'M A DOC.
IF YOUR ANDROID SUFFERED FROM A HEART ATTACK, SEARCH FOR THE UNBRICKING METHODS.
IF YOUR ANDROID NEEDS ANTIBIOTICS OR COLONOSCOPY, I CAN HELP YOU.

bjc112
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Quote:
Does that work for all exchange policies?? If so f'ing awesome

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjc112 View Post
Does that work for all exchange policies?? If so f'ing awesome
Worked great. Thanks so much. Now I can dump stock kit kat exchange hacked email app.