Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,941 Members 38,652 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sprint LG G3 Theme option

Tip us?

annapink15
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Sprint LG G3 Theme option

Hi I've been tryign to figure this how for days now I have a LG G3 unrooted for Sprint but it seems this varient doesnt have an option to install different themes in settings even though I am able to download them from LG Smart World please advise. I was trying to avoid downloading a Theme or Launcher software and want to keep it stock. thanks

Epix4G
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by annapink15 View Post
Hi I've been tryign to figure this how for days now I have a LG G3 unrooted for Sprint but it seems this varient doesnt have an option to install different themes in settings even though I am able to download them from LG Smart World please advise. I was trying to avoid downloading a Theme or Launcher software and want to keep it stock. thanks
They removed it...going to need root and replace launcher with one from international version

Sent from my LGLS990 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Epix4G For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

annapink15
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epix4G View Post
They removed it...going to need root and replace launcher with one from international version

thank you ver much i was afraid of this thank you!!!

xallinvaynex
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epix4G View Post

That is so odd! On the g2, it was att that removed that option! This time around it's sprint? Why do carriers feel the need to remove options or features? LOL
LG G Pad - LRS

Att LG G3 850 - Stock Rooted

Att LG G2 800 - Died in the river!

Nexus 4 - Carbon - Franco - sold

Nexus 7 - Carbon - Franco - gave to my son

HTC One X - S off - Venom-sold

Galaxy S2 Skyrocket-Red Pocket-CM10-sold

Motorola Xoom- Codename Android 3.4.1- sold

Epix4G
Old
Thanks Meter 1,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by xallinvaynex View Post
That is so odd! On the g2, it was att that removed that option! This time around it's sprint? Why do carriers feel the need to remove options or features? LOL
Vzw did also but i don't know about t mobile and att

KAsp3rd
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,628

DONATE TO ME
Tmo did as well. Anyone have links to the orig launcher work themes working
Please don't quote the whole OP. If you want to direct a question or statement please use the mention system. I.e. @KAsp3rd will alert me that you have mentioned me.

mr pnut
Old
Thanks Meter 382

DONATE TO ME
That sucks......

Sent from my: T- Mobile LG G3

partylikeaninjastar
Old
Thanks Meter 181
I was browsing the theme's on my girl's AT&T model. Nothing impressive so I'm not worried that it's missing from my T-Mo model.

Epix4G
Old
Thanks Meter 1,035
Look here it's seems it's only hidden

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2822847

The Following User Says Thank You to Epix4G For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vap0rxt
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Took me about an hour of web searching but here is a work around. I dont know who the credit goes to but it works

Last update, I can use themes from LG Smartworld as well now, it just takes some convoluted steps!

Download the "launcherpro" app from the play store, you don't need the launcher itself, just its "Activities" widget.

Add the activities widget to your home screen it will give you a list of apps/functions of apps that you can add as a shortcut on your home screen.

If you scroll down to "Home" one of the options is "Theme" with the subtext "com.lge.launcher2.theme.LGThemeChooserActivit y". Choose that option and you'll get a shortcut on your home screen that lets you change the theme(You'll have to install some first the phone only comes with the one default theme). If you get a menu with no options make sure you have chosen the right Theme option(my phone had two different Theme listings but the subtext was different only one says LGThemeChooserActivity).