CyanogenMod 12.1 for YU Yureka

YU Yureka recently received an official Cyanogen OS 12S update. If you prefer to use a newer revision of … more

Open War for Open Android: Antitrust for Cyanogen?

Android and openness is something we talk about all the time, but the recent … more

What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more

Diving into the April 2015 Material Design Update

Before the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Holo Design guidelines served as the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Get the super amoled contrast on your g3 display

15th July 2014, 08:46 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
dallas, tx
Thanks Meter: 302
 
1,491 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Go to setting -accessibility-color adjustment
Like the pic below where the green circle at
The Following 65 Users Say Thank You to digweed4me For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
15th July 2014, 10:13 PM |#2  
sn0warmy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Denver, CO
Thanks Meter: 943
 
2,116 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Woah! Way better. Nice find!


EDIT: For me, the sweet spot is right on top of the camera icon.
Last edited by sn0warmy; 18th July 2014 at 06:31 PM.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to sn0warmy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th July 2014, 10:21 PM |#3  
mmmatt312's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
65 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Interesting... Wonder why I've never heard of this. Is it an artificial contrast, so like just adding more sharpening affect? Or is it actually making Black's blacker and White's whiter?
15th July 2014, 10:38 PM |#4  
sn0warmy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Denver, CO
Thanks Meter: 943
 
2,116 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
^ I'm curious as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to sn0warmy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th July 2014, 12:40 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 52
 
452 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by digweed4me

Go to setting -accessibility-color adjustment
Like the pic below where the green circle at

i was just telling people this. people that whine that the colors arnt as high contrast as g2.
the g2 has the same setting.

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmatt312

Interesting... Wonder why I've never heard of this. Is it an artificial contrast, so like just adding more sharpening affect? Or is it actually making Black's blacker and White's whiter?

if u play around with it and adjust it to ur needs "brighter" colors or "darker"
its basically just like adjusting ur tv contrast.,
16th July 2014, 01:09 AM |#6  
mmmatt312's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
65 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetkillnHD

i was just telling people this. people that whine that the colors arnt as high contrast as g2.
the g2 has the same setting.

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------



if u play around with it and adjust it to ur needs "brighter" colors or "darker"
its basically just like adjusting ur tv contrast.,

So, If you ran this through a actual contrast test (the one review sites use), would it show an improvement? I hope so, because this phone according to review sites has quite a low contrast ratio
16th July 2014, 03:13 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 52
 
452 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmatt312

So, If you ran this through a actual contrast test (the one review sites use), would it show an improvement? I hope so, because this phone according to review sites has quite a low contrast ratio

The phone was designed to have natural colors, alot people dont understand it because they are use to the high contrast in displays the super amoled. Also when they review the phone they never show off the color adjuster feature..
All i can say is try it ur self.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to StreetkillnHD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th July 2014, 03:53 AM |#8  
hello00's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag South Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 2,776
 
3,735 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
how does the screen look compared to how it was before? any videos?
16th July 2014, 04:34 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag Mesa
Thanks Meter: 150
 
525 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sn0warmy

Woah! Way better. Nice find!


EDIT: For me, the sweet spot is right over the camera icon.

Good call. Liking this setting a lot.
16th July 2014, 05:03 AM |#10  
D e v i a n t's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 28
 
124 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Very Cool Find!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread