Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,836 Members 41,580 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TUT]Developing G3 TweaksBox Themes

Tip us?

P_Toti
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3,681

DONATE TO ME
@Kickoff asked me help about theming the easysettings app. He wanted to know how to change headers and tab so i took a look and found the solution.

If you want to theme headers just follow the guide on the post above here . At the moment it's not working because it will work since 1.3 RC only.

If you want to change tabs background just add this line to the xml:

<Drawable name="ab_stacked_solid_light_holo" respackage="com.lge" replacement="colorDrawable:#ff41484f" />

if you want to change text color you have to:

1)Create a folder named "color" in the res folder of your theme
2)Unzip and copy the tab_text_color.xml(attached to this post) to that folder
3)Open that file and change colors

Code:
<selector
  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
    <item android:state_selected="true" android:color="#ffff0000" />
    <item android:color="#ffffff00" />
</selector>
4)Add this line to the theme_easysettings.xml: <Color respackage="com.lge" name="tab_text_color" />

This also will work since G3 TWB 1.3 RC only because now you can change selector colors with a global color only,you can't change each state. See screenshot

Attached Files
File Type: zip tab_text_color.zip - [Click for QR Code] (318 Bytes, 4 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to P_Toti For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kickoff
Old
Thanks Meter 520

DONATE TO ME
Today I had to realize that many icons in the settings.apk and the easysettings.apk have the same name. This is why I never get a clear settings layout if easysettings is also activated. Is there a way to differentiate between those icons or put them into separate folder? Could not be possible to sort the png-s to be replaced within the xxxhdpi folder into subfolders named after the relevant apk? I often loose the oversight bec of the huge number of files originating from different apk-s...

P_Toti
Old
(Last edited by P_Toti; Today at 01:09 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3,681

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickoff View Post
Today I had to realize that many icons in the settings.apk and the easysettings.apk have the same name. This is why I never get a clear settings layout if easysettings is also activated. Is there a way to differentiate between those icons or put them into separate folder? Could not be possible to sort the png-s to be replaced within the xxxhdpi folder into subfolders named after the relevant apk? I often loose the oversight bec of the huge number of files originating from different apk-s...
A solution to that would be naming with different names the easysettings icons and then specifying the replacement attribute for those icons. An example:

You have an icon named "lock.png" for both apps, rename the lock.png icon from the easysettings to lock_easy.png

And then add this line to the xml

<Drawable name="lock" replacement="lock_easy" />