[GUIDE] Fastboot for L90 D415

Search This thread

shinobisoft

Recognized Contributor
Feb 18, 2012
Knoxville, TN
It doesn't seem to know any command or execute one.

doing fastboot reboot turns out like this.
fastboot reboot
rebooting...

finished. total time: 0.002s
But it does not reboot.

And every time I do a fastboot command I get
./fastboot oem unlock
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
finished. total time: 0.002s
I have a D415 Running Lollipop.
Search the LG L90 Forums for "LG L90 Utilities". I wrote it and it can toggle the laf partition to enable or disable fastboot mode.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

wojtek267

Jan 22, 2012
Nowy Sącz
Search the LG L90 Forums for "LG L90 Utilities". I wrote it and it can toggle the laf partition to enable or disable fastboot mode.

And I've wondered why aren't you present lately since although you were developing for D415 it was always good to see you around serving with help :D
Hope you get your problems sorted out, mate

Reactions: shinobisoft
Do you have the latest adb and fastboot executables for your PC? There are executables available for Windows, Linux, and MacOS.

IMG_20150511_155514.jpg

IMG_20150511_155242.jpg

And I have adb version 1.0.32 but i'm not sure how to check fastboot version but i'm pretty sure it's the newest. I've also tried on Mac OS X

kdub738

Apr 26, 2015
sorry about the year late reply, but i'm trying to do this now. when I use adb shell, it gives the device not found error. same when I use adb reboot... why?

shinobisoft

Recognized Contributor
Feb 18, 2012
Knoxville, TN
sorry about the year late reply, but i'm trying to do this now. when I use adb shell, it gives the device not found error. same when I use adb reboot... why?
My LG L90 Utilities app can handle toggling the device between fastboot and software upgrade modes without the use of the fastboot binary. It does require root permissions. As for adb not detecting the device... Do you have the latest adb and fastboot binaries on your PC, as well as enabled USB Debugging in Developer Options on the device?

kdub738

Apr 26, 2015
My LG L90 Utilities app can handle toggling the device between fastboot and software upgrade modes without the use of the fastboot binary. It does require root permissions. As for adb not detecting the device... Do you have the latest adb and fastboot binaries on your PC, as well as enabled USB Debugging in Developer Options on the device?

I honestly have no clue... im kinda new to this whole thing. if it's something that you would've installed manually, then no

SLOWROLLA

Feb 17, 2015
How can i get back into download mode from fastboot? ive tried this code "fastboot flash laf laf.img" and its not working. a speedy reply would be awesome since i ned my phone working again asap. rhanks

xterminater07

Dec 4, 2010
I have tried everything but I cannot get fastboot to delete or flash the laf.img I saved. When I tried to do it manually it said permission denied. Please help me get lollipop start over from fresh.

shinobisoft

Recognized Contributor
Feb 18, 2012
Knoxville, TN
I have tried everything but I cannot get fastboot to delete or flash the laf.img I saved. When I tried to do it manually it said permission denied. Please help me get lollipop start over from fresh.

This is in response to your PM also...

Firstly, the adb executable CANNOT communicate with a device that is in fastboot mode. You need to use the fastboot executable.

Try the following::
1) Copy your laf.img to the same folder that your fastboot executable is in
2) Place device in fastboot mode
3) Open a command prompt in the folder where your fastboot executable is ( If in windows explorer, Shift + Right Click and choose "Open Command Prompt Here" )
4) In the command prompt window type:
Code:
fastboot flash laf laf.img

That should restore your laf partition and allow you to boot to Software Upgrade Mode. If that doesn't work and you can boot your phone, my LG L90 Utilities app can also restore your laf partition.

xterminater07

Dec 4, 2010
This is in response to your PM also...

Firstly, the adb executable CANNOT communicate with a device that is in fastboot mode. You need to use the fastboot executable.

Try the following::
1) Copy your laf.img to the same folder that your fastboot executable is in
2) Place device in fastboot mode
3) Open a command prompt in the folder where your fastboot executable is ( If in windows explorer, Shift + Right Click and choose "Open Command Prompt Here" )
4) In the command prompt window type:
Code:
fastboot flash laf laf.img

That should restore your laf partition and allow you to boot to Software Upgrade Mode. If that doesn't work and you can boot your phone, my LG L90 Utilities app can also restore your laf partition.

Thank you so much for your response! I figured out that I did need the .laf from the post because my device would not even boot into lollipop. It just get stuck in fastboot. I am restoring using lg phone tool now. Hopefully everything will start fresh. Once I got to lollipop, I would have to root again, and manually install twrp recovery using fastboot and unlock bootloader right? Does your lg l90 utilities do this as well?

shinobisoft

Recognized Contributor
Feb 18, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Thank you so much for your response! I figured out that I did need the .laf from the post because my device would not even boot into lollipop. It just get stuck in fastboot. I am restoring using lg phone tool now. Hopefully everything will start fresh. Once I got to lollipop, I would have to root again, and manually install twrp recovery using fastboot and unlock bootloader right? Does your lg l90 utilities do this as well?

Bootloader for D415 is ALWAYS unlocked, even after repairing with KDZ. You can use my LG L90 Utilities to flash your recovery and also toggle fastboot/software upgrade modes. Few other functions too. My app will NOT be able to root however.

BlaMa

Jul 28, 2010
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A
fastboot problem - remote: unknown command

Hi,
maybe anyone can give me a hint what to do. Phone is L90 D405N.
Have a root, TWRP, fastboot - but in this is a problem.
I cannot flash file or use any command.

An example here:
C:\adb>fastboot reboot-bootloader
rebooting into bootloader...
finished. total time: 0.006s

Any idea where is a problem?

shinobisoft

Recognized Contributor
Feb 18, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Hi,
maybe anyone can give me a hint what to do. Phone is L90 D405N.
Have a root, TWRP, fastboot - but in this is a problem.
I cannot flash file or use any command.

An example here:
C:\adb>fastboot reboot-bootloader
rebooting into bootloader...
finished. total time: 0.006s

Any idea where is a problem?

There is no "fastboot reboot-bootloader" command. Are you trying to boot to recovery? And fastboot commands only work when device is in fastboot mode. If trying to use adb to boot to recovery, "adb reboot recovery". Also, the reboot-bootloader does NOT work on LG devices.

BlaMa

Jul 28, 2010
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A
There is no "fastboot reboot-bootloader" command. Are you trying to boot to recovery? And fastboot commands only work when device is in fastboot mode. If trying to use adb to boot to recovery, "adb reboot recovery". Also, the reboot-bootloader does NOT work on LG devices.

Probably didn't explain my problem so clearly.
I can boot into FastBoot mode.
But on some command i get an answer error, see this example bellow.
I am understand there is other way how to flash recovery, but for me is interesting if I made any mistake or where is a problem.

fastboot flash recovery TWRP_2.8.7.0_270615_L90.img
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'recovery' (13818 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.439s]
writing 'recovery'...
finished. total time: 0.449s

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Original guide created by ChikushodoF for the LG G3. Use at your own risk!

The LG L90 does have fastboot, but it's hiding "behind" LG Download mode. The steps to access it are as follows:

Note: This assumes you've already rooted manually or with Towelroot and know what adb/fastboot is.

First, backup your LG Download mode (laf) with this code, so you can use LG Flash if necessary.

adb shell
    su
    dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/laf of=/sdcard/laf.img.

Run the following code to zero out laf:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/laf

adb reboot

For whatever reason, you won't be able to access fastboot via "reboot to bootloader" like most phones, so you've got to do a key combo:

Power Off
    Unplug USB
    Hold Volume Up
    Plug in USB

There you go, access to fastboot. I have attached a zip containing fastboot drivers for Windows users.

Link for D415 laf.... http://d-h.st/upP
    Well, according to "fastboot oem device-info" I am UNLOCKED!!!!! :eek::p:good::good::good::good::good::good::D:D:D:silly::silly::silly::silly::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive: :cool:
    A great treat! Woooo!
    How did you do it? That could be useful for someone that experiences the same thing! [emoji4]

He just downloaded a fresh kdz since his old one was possibly corrupted ?
    I accidentally stumbled upon that too. And the best part. When I was in there I found a command that works. I believe our
    Boot loader is locked but OEM unlock works on it. So before I flash my Roms I'm doing this to unlock the boot loader. Thanks for the intel

Sent from my LG-D415 using XDA Free mobile app