[GUIDE] [NEW] Root All L90 Varients with Latest updates [EASY]

Search This thread

stevenDROID

Oct 29, 2014
I have no computer to help me flash kdz, so I'm screwed until towelroot updates their patch!!! Unless any genius comes up with another method

Sent from my LG-D415 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

stevenDROID

Oct 29, 2014
Ok thx for info. I guess I will play "plain Jane l90" from here on out lol

aerdely

May 8, 2010
Ok thx for info. I guess I will play "plain Jane l90" from here on out lol

Had same issue, ended up just using my neighbors computer. If you could get some one to just let you use theirs it doesn't take long to downgrade, the worst part is reloading every thing because you have to do a factory reset after the flash of the kdz so you start from scratch.

Eventually there will be a new root method with the release of lollipop but if you have no choice then yea, just have to wait which does suck.

Also to tell you the truth i tried every rom i could for the l90, although its personal preference i went back to v10e unrooted till i find some thing i like and development is slow due to the low sales volume the device has so in my opinion not missing much. Is worth seeing if you find some thing you like though. Sorry for the bad news hope you get a chance to downgrade eventually.

stevenDROID

Oct 29, 2014
Yea, the ever popular waiting game, im not good with computers anyway so I have no problem waiting this 1 out. If u here of a new method, dont hesitate to holla at me, please!!!

aerdely

May 8, 2010
Yea, the ever popular waiting game, im not good with computers anyway so I have no problem waiting this 1 out. If u here of a new method, dont hesitate to holla at me, please!!!

Well, i tried every method i could find here in xda, on google, even some chinese sites. Absolutely nothing works but if any thing new comes ill let you know, always looking out for new method any way so ill give it a try and pm you if it works. Every once and a while some thing comes out.

Also if you do get access to a pc, dont be afaid to pm or get a hold of me some how, can give you a hand if you need it.

Last edited:

OccipitalEwe

Mar 7, 2015
Itabuna
Worked!

:good:
Worked for me on LG L90 D41010c (D410hn from Brazil).
Android version 4.4.2.
Kernel 3.4.0+ (Didn´t work with towelroot).
Software version V10c-SCA-XXX.
Using a pc with windows 8.1.

Thanks!

cardusan

Nov 22, 2014
Awesome!

Confirmed working on T-mobile D415-10E!

I actually just downgraded today from 10e to 10c and then rooted and threw CM11 on it for my mom to use (needed Serbian language options).
And as that usually happens, THEN after I was all done, I see this post of confirmed way of rooting the 10e :) ... oh well..

G33KSQUAD

Apr 4, 2015
California
Regarding the lost root on D41510e version, I realized that the root might not be completely lost. First of all, t-mobile's own "my account" app still reports the phone as rooted. Also, I can see /system/xbin/su (and other relevant files) as well as /system/bin/.ext/.su. However neither in the terminal nor in adb shell can I successfully become root by running any of the su binaries I see. Next I will try to run root checker and see what it reports, but I am hoping that the presense of su binaries might allow root recovery somehow and that someone might have enough knowledge to suggest a course of action.
(Btw, I was running an adblock app and the modified hosts file is still on the system. So I suspect that if/when a large update comes in the future, the update will refuse to run because of these modifications.)

Just go to: 1x1a.com/how-to-root-a-lg-optimus-l90-d415-10e.html

I did it and it worked! Still have d41510e rooted

Awesome-one

May 28, 2014
My unrooted, locked bootloader LG L90 is stuck in a bootloop!!!

I have the LG L90 and recently the phone just wont boot past the bootloader. It kept stopping at the T-Mobile boot image. I look up how to reset the phone and that's what i did. Now the phone is stuck at the LG boot logo and wont turn on. Either way the phone was still stuck in a bootloop. Now I've ever done anything to the phone, no USB Debugging, No rooting, No bootloader unlocking. So could someone please help me to figure this out.

shinobisoft

Recognized Contributor
Feb 18, 2012
Knoxville, TN
I have the LG L90 and recently the phone just wont boot past the bootloader. It kept stopping at the T-Mobile boot image. I look up how to reset the phone and that's what i did. Now the phone is stuck at the LG boot logo and wont turn on. Either way the phone was still stuck in a bootloop. Now I've ever done anything to the phone, no USB Debugging, No rooting, No bootloader unlocking. So could someone please help me to figure this out.

What model specifically? There's 4 of them. Lol. If I had to make an educated guess, by your grammar, I'd say T-Mobile D415. If a factory reset didn't work and you never enabled USB debugging, flashing a KDZ might fix the problem. However it sounds to me like there's something wrong with the phone itself. So there's always the service center too.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

Awesome-one

May 28, 2014
What model specifically? There's 4 of them. Lol. If I had to make an educated guess, by your grammar, I'd say T-Mobile D415. If a factory reset didn't work and you never enabled USB debugging, flashing a KDZ might fix the problem. However it sounds to me like there's something wrong with the phone itself. So there's always the service center too.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

Yes specifically my model is the D415 variant. And i currently need some help flashing this (KDZ) because I got the phone into the (Download screen) which they say is basically the bootloader for this LG device. And I've downloaded the LG flash tool, but don't know where to go after that.

Last edited:

shinobisoft

Recognized Contributor
Feb 18, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Yes specifically my model is the D415 variant. And i currently need some help flashing this (KDZ) because I got the phone into the (Download screen) which they say is basically the bootloader for this LG device. And I've downloaded the LG flash tool, but don't know where to go after that.

I'm afraid I'm not gonna be much help flashing a KDZ as I've never had to do it with this device. I do believe there is a thread around here specifically for that tho...

EDIT:
Here's the thread

Last edited:

Shadowmaniac

Aug 11, 2011
So i am on Lolipop 5.0.2 lg l90 450 V20a
and when i tried this it only reboots my phone after first step i never get to step 2, and when i try kingroot it only roots my phone until reboot, any suggestion i want to root and unlock bootloader?

d3kod3

Mar 11, 2014
New Delhi, India
I used King root to root my friend's LG L90 D410 running 5.0.2 and was successful. However i don't know weather bootloader is locked or not. Do i need to unlock the bootloader using a computer to flash recovery now , using flashify/Rasher ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All Credit to @thecubed. Please thanks him on his OP here

This is not my original work.I am just sharing this GUIDE for easy rooting of L90 with latest updated, those are not supported by
    towelroot.

I have tested this method myself and it is working perfectly for me, but it is also possible that it might not work for you for some reasons, so don't panic, just post your problem or whatever error you are facing (please attach screenshot if possible). I or other thread members will try to troubleshoot it. After resolving the problem I'll update this post, so that other members do not face such problem again

• PLEASE, USE THIS TUTORIAL AT YOUR OWN RISK, IF SOMETHING WENT WRONG (because of your stupidity) ME OR XDA WILL NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR LOSS.

• I HAVE ONLY TESTED THIS METHOD WITH MY L90 D410 AND IT MUST WORK WITH OTHER VARIENTS:fingers-crossed: . BUT STILL FOLLWO THIS GUIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK :D

First of all Install USB Drivers from following link :-

Click here to download L90 USB Drivers

After installing USB Drivers, download Rootl90.zip file attached to this post below and extract it to C Drive of your PC

On your phone, Goto Settings -> General -> Developer options and enable USB debugging by ticking the check box.
    (If you are unable to find Developer options, then go to About phone -> Common -> Software Information and continuously tap on Build amount for 5 to 6 times, it will enable developer options)

Now Connect your phone with PC in LG Software mode, open device manager and confirm ADB Device listed at the top of the list, as an image attached below:-

attachment.php

Now open Rootl90 folder, that you extracted to the C drive in the first step.

In this folder, press and hold shift key on the keyboard, right click on blank place and click on open command window here. The command prompt will start with c:\Rootl90>

Now type following commands one by one in the command window (simply copy, paste and hit enter) :-

Code:
    adb reboot --bnr_recovery
    adb push start_restore /temp/start_restore 
    adb push permaroot.bin /temp/start_restore 
    adb reboot
    and match result as shown in following images :-

• Command 1
      attachment.php

After this phone will reboot into recovery as shown in the image below

attachment.php

Now Proceed to Command 2.
    • Command 2
      attachment.php
    • Command 3
      attachment.php
    • Command 4
      attachment.php
    After the last command your device will reboot, congratulations your phone is now rooted. Download and install Supersu form playstore.
    D410 here, after first command wait til the drivers are installed,

There is a redaction error in your comands, the correct are:

adb reboot --bnr_recovery
    adb push start_restore /temp/start_restore
    adb push permaroot.bin /temp/start_restore
    adb reboot
    Does not work on t-mobile LG L90, D415 with the software version D41510e.
    adb reboot --bnr_recovery reboots to a blank screen. Presumably it's still a recovery -- adb connects. But "adb push start_recovery /temp/start_recovery" does not work -- no such file or directory. Changing the destination to /tmp in both adb push commands does push files to the phone but there is no root after reboot.
    Looking at the purpledrake script, I also see that the vulnerability tests looks for a process "brd" on the phone but there is no such command in the output of ps.
    Any ideas?

The same happens to me, also a previously rooted d415 10c from T-Mobile. Hope someone can find a workaround.
    Does not work on t-mobile LG L90, D415 with the software version D41510e.
    adb reboot --bnr_recovery reboots to a blank screen. Presumably it's still a recovery -- adb connects. But "adb push start_recovery /temp/start_recovery" does not work -- no such file or directory. Changing the destination to /tmp in both adb push commands does push files to the phone but there is no root after reboot.
    Looking at the purpledrake script, I also see that the vulnerability tests looks for a process "brd" on the phone but there is no such command in the output of ps.
    Any ideas?