Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[GUIDE] Unlock Bootloader for T-Mobile L90 (D415)

OP aSuperSaiyanG0D

28th December 2014, 02:16 AM   |  #111  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I'm completely lost.
Sorry for the really ignorant questions here guys.
I got this phone yesterday, and I didn't like the UI of the phone so, I wanted to flash a custom ROM onto the phone. I rooted the phone via towelroot, and now I attempted to follow through with the instructions on this thread, but it seems to me that I don't really know how to proceed from here. I don't even know how to get the laf.img file from my phone as a backup. I have done all of this before on a Galaxy S2, but since this is LG I have no clue of what to do, and also if it helps, I recieved the phone through the family plan from walmart.

Thanks for the help guys.
Last edited by danny_android; 28th December 2014 at 02:18 AM. Reason: I felt as if i needed to add extra information
4th January 2015, 11:35 PM   |  #112  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 90

466 posts
Donate to Me
More
@ danny, if it helps I have had a few issue also. Enough to make me wanna shoot this thing now.

But I have done this for years even themed a few roms but this little driver issue im assuming, is causing me pain. First off thank you to shinobisofts fastboot, took me a lil bit to even get that running. I have had to uninstall / reinstall the drivers about 3 times now, then find out how to debug and ad the dev options for adb to recognize the phone (Link to debug. So I got happy for about 2 minutes until I got into the fastboot and windows7 wanted to install the driver for "Android" again but in that stage. I told it to search in the LG folder that I ended up downloading from LGD415RD Since the phone driver installer doesnt want to work properly for me. And it did not find a driver in their, so I went back into device drivers and updated it with the 'windows update search" and it found one, installed it but adb doesn't recognize the device still in fastboot mode. So thats where I'm at, if anybody can help or point out the stupid mistake I did or overlooked that would be great!

Im only doing this for my son since now he is failing school and i want cm with no google, or use my TB and freeze the play store and a few other things to make this phone very limited for him. I'll end up just getting him a flip phone until his grades go up, but until then, hes got this.

I have a D415 from T-mobile
Last edited by bmann_420; 4th January 2015 at 11:39 PM.
4th January 2015, 11:51 PM   |  #113  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Knoxville, TN
Thanks Meter: 3,006

2,926 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmann_420

@ danny, if it helps I have had a few issue also. Enough to make me wanna shoot this thing now.

But I have done this for years even themed a few roms but this little driver issue im assuming, is causing me pain. First off thank you to shinobisofts fastboot, took me a lil bit to even get that running. I have had to uninstall / reinstall the drivers about 3 times now, then find out how to debug and ad the dev options for adb to recognize the phone (Link to debug. So I got happy for about 2 minutes until I got into the fastboot and windows7 wanted to install the driver for "Android" again but in that stage. I told it to search in the LG folder that I ended up downloading from LGD415RD Since the phone driver installer doesnt want to work properly for me. And it did not find a driver in their, so I went back into device drivers and updated it with the 'windows update search" and it found one, installed it but adb doesn't recognize the device still in fastboot mode. So thats where I'm at, if anybody can help or point out the stupid mistake I did or overlooked that would be great!

Im only doing this for my son since now he is failing school and i want cm with no google, or use my TB and freeze the play store and a few other things to make this phone very limited for him. I'll end up just getting him a flip phone until his grades go up, but until then, hes got this.

I have a D415 from T-mobile

Adb won't recognize a device that's in fastboot mode. And unlocking the bootloader is not required for the D415. This thread was created before we determined the bootloader was already unlocked out of the box.
5th January 2015, 06:15 AM   |  #114  
Flag Bellevue
Thanks Meter: 60

428 posts
More
Yea just skip this D415 is already unlocked out of the box I can also confirm this.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread