For those who may be following this thread and using this utility script...
I'm currently in the process of converting this script to an Android application.
Along with some extra features!
I'm also trying to extend the application to support as many LG MSM**** variants as possible. The application is for LG MSM**** devices whose 'dev.block.platform = msm_sdcc.1'. It's almost finished. I will be ready for public testing within the next couple of days.
Quick list of application functions:
- HOLO Theme ( Dark for now, Will eventually add ability to switch themes )
- Block per block partition backup ( uses 'dd' command. May add other methods. )
- Block per block partition restore from previous backups made with this app ( used 'dd' command. May add other methods )
- Enable/Disable fastboot mode ( for devices with "LAF" partition ONLY )
- View complete list of named device partitions
- Flash custom recovery ( NEW feature )
- Reboot menu ( NEW feature )
- Soft reboot
- Boot to recovery
- Boot to bootloader
- Restart SystemUI
I'm considering adding the ability to restore/flash partitions from CWM backups.
If I can get some other Android programmers interested in this project, I'll consider making it open source and moving it to GitHub
I'm also open to feature suggestions.