Flag Knoxville, TN
Thanks Meter: 3,002

2,926 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrman1

OK
But only tell me how to patch aboot.bin Should I use hex editor ?
Actually there's aboot and abootb what's the diff ?

Apparently you didn't read the OP. I didn't make the aboot and abootb patches. I'm only hosting the various patches. They were made by someone at the Russian forum 4PDA. I don't have a clue how they did what they did.

The patches are named after the partition they are to replace. For the L90, one variant needs the aboot partition patched and one variant needs the abootb partition patched. And the L90 D415 doesn't need a patch at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to shinobisoft For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th November 2014, 10:28 PM   |  #32  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Knoxville, TN

2,926 posts
Donate to Me
More
For those who may be following this thread and using this utility script...

I'm currently in the process of converting this script to an Android application. Along with some extra features! I'm also trying to extend the application to support as many LG MSM**** variants as possible. The application is for LG MSM**** devices whose 'dev.block.platform = msm_sdcc.1'. It's almost finished. I will be ready for public testing within the next couple of days.

Quick list of application functions:
  • HOLO Theme ( Dark for now, Will eventually add ability to switch themes )
  • Block per block partition backup ( uses 'dd' command. May add other methods. )
  • Block per block partition restore from previous backups made with this app ( used 'dd' command. May add other methods )
  • Enable/Disable fastboot mode ( for devices with "LAF" partition ONLY )
  • View complete list of named device partitions
  • Flash custom recovery ( NEW feature )
  • Reboot menu ( NEW feature )
    • Reboot
    • Soft reboot
    • Boot to recovery
    • Boot to bootloader
    • Restart SystemUI
I'm considering adding the ability to restore/flash partitions from CWM backups.

If I can get some other Android programmers interested in this project, I'll consider making it open source and moving it to GitHub

I'm also open to feature suggestions.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shinobisoft For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st January 2015, 01:15 PM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Some questions
Hi,

Thanks for making this script available. I've got it working on my D405n, but have some questions which I did not yet see answered anywhere in the thread.

- Do I understand correctly that using this script you can make essentially an online nandroid backup? I know it does not include all partitions, but is a backup of the 8 partitions you include sufficient to bring the phone back in a previous state after flashing another rom?
- The Link2SD partition (in my case /data/sdext2) is excluded I assume?
- Script version 0.0.0.5 does not backup abootb. Does a phone has either aboot or abootb, not both, or is the letter b missing in line 321 of the script?
- Though I can backup each partition individually, I get an error ('unknown operand BS') when trying to backup all partitions (selection A). Can I correct that somehow?
- In your last post you mention development of an application to replace this script. Can you give an update of that project?
1st January 2015, 04:00 PM   |  #34  
Flag Knoxville, TN

2,926 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cweijden

- Do I understand correctly that using this script you can make essentially an online nandroid backup? I know it does not include all partitions, but is a backup of the 8 partitions you include sufficient to bring the phone back in a previous state after flashing another rom?

It creates a block for block, using built-in dd command, backup of your partitions. The backups are then saved to your external sdcard. Bear in mind, that this script or the application that I'm writing, is NOT intended for everyday backups. That's just simply because of the sheer size of some of the partitions. A block for block copy means that the entire partition is backed up regardless of how much data the partition actually contains.

Quote:

- The Link2SD partition (in my case /data/sdext2) is excluded I assume?

You are correct.

Quote:

- Script version 0.0.0.5 does not backup abootb. Does a phone has either aboot or abootb, not both, or is the letter b missing in line 321 of the script?

Hmmm, I'll have to look in to that one. I believe my intentions were to backup both partitions. Aboot and abootb exist on all L90 variants. Backing up the Aboot and abootb partitions isn't really necessary as the OS has nothing to do with them. The only time I suggest backing up either of those partitions is prior to patching them with one of the bootloader hacks. The D410's bootloader resides in aboot and the D405's bootloader resides in abootb.

Quote:

- Though I can backup each partition individually, I get an error ('unknown operand BS') when trying to backup all partitions (selection A). Can I correct that somehow?

You are more than welcome to modify the script as you see fit or as needs arise. I will look in to that also.
On line 697, change
Code:
BS=4096
to
Code:
bs=4096
or you can remove the "BS=4096" altogether.

Quote:

- In your last post you mention development of an application to replace this script. Can you give an update of that project?

The application is finished, but I'm making some UI changes, to make it a little more pleasing to the eye. I may post it sometime today since I'm stuck at home with a bum knee. No promises tho, as sitting at my desk is also aggravating my knee.
The Following User Says Thank You to shinobisoft For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th January 2015, 06:26 PM   |  #35  
Flag Knoxville, TN

2,926 posts
Donate to Me
More
Application released. It can be found -> LG L90 Utilities.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread