How to Control Both Moto G and Moto E LEDs

Notification LEDs offer a great way to check for notification at a glance on the Moto G (2013) and … more

LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] D405n and D405ds IDs mixed

OP lecterek

3rd September 2014, 03:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hello everyone,

my D405n is partially correctly recognized as w7n:
ro.product.board=w7n
ro.build.product=w7n
ro.cm.device=w7n
ro.product.device=w7n
ro.build.product=w7n
ro.cm.device=w7n
However partially incorectly as w7ds:
ro.hardware=w7ds
ro.boot.hardware=w7ds

I have unrooted my L90 using towelroot, unlocked bootloader and install recovery with
[GUIDE] Unlock Bootloader and Flash Custom Recovery L90 D410, D405n, D405 [CWM][TWR] method using file for D405n and flashed ROM from @Quarx. In order to flash the ROM I had to remove hardware=w7 check. Now automatic update works in the sense, that incremental update is downloaded, but due to hardware=w7 check I have to modify the updater script every time. Any idea how to correct ro.hardware and ro.boot.hardware entries? I have attached my build.prop file and output from getprop command, if that could be helpful.

Best regards
Attached Files
File Type: txt getprop.txt - [Click for QR Code] (12.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: txt build.prop.txt - [Click for QR Code] (6.5 KB, 4 views)
3rd September 2014, 11:52 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Knoxville, TN
Thanks Meter: 2,808

2,706 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lecterek

Hello everyone,

my D405n is partially correctly recognized as w7n:
ro.product.board=w7n
ro.build.product=w7n
ro.cm.device=w7n
ro.product.device=w7n
ro.build.product=w7n
ro.cm.device=w7n
However partially incorectly as w7ds:
ro.hardware=w7ds
ro.boot.hardware=w7ds

I have unrooted my L90 using towelroot, unlocked bootloader and install recovery with
[GUIDE] Unlock Bootloader and Flash Custom Recovery L90 D410, D405n, D405 [CWM][TWR] method using file for D405n and flashed ROM from @Quarx. In order to flash the ROM I had to remove hardware=w7 check. Now automatic update works in the sense, that incremental update is downloaded, but due to hardware=w7 check I have to modify the updater script every time. Any idea how to correct ro.hardware and ro.boot.hardware entries? I have attached my build.prop file and output from getprop command, if that could be helpful.

Best regards

I'll send @Quarx a link to this thread.
4th September 2014, 12:15 AM   |  #3  
Flag Tilburg, NL
Thanks Meter: 67

141 posts
More
Strange, I have a D405n too, but never had this issue. I wrote a guide explaining the way I unlocked the bootloader here. I used Quarx' latest TWRP, which can be found in his thread and just did a full wipe and flashed CM after that. Seemed to work for me. I would just try reflashing the KDZ again and restarting the unlock process with the newest files available.

EDIT: I just checked my build.prop and my w7n is recognized as a w7. The device is still recognized as the D405n though, so NFC does show up in the menu.
Last edited by SubliemeSiem; 4th September 2014 at 12:40 PM.
4th September 2014, 08:24 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobisoft

I'll send @Quarx a link to this thread.

OK, thx. I hope he could provide some suggestions.
4th September 2014, 08:35 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubliemeSiem

Strange, I have a D405n too, but never had this issue. I wrote a guide explaining the way I unlocked the bootloader here. I used Quarx' latest TWRP, which can be found in his thread and just did a full wipe and flashed CM after that. Seemed to work for me. I would just try reflashing the KDZ again and restarting the unlock process with the newest files available.

EDIT: I just checked my build.prop and my w7n is recognized as a w7. The device is still recognized as the D405n though, so NFC does show up in the menu.

Is it necessary to flash the KDZ? Flashing/dd aboot.bin again should be sufficient I think. I did it, but situation is the same. I have checked aboot.bin files for D405n linked by people in different posts over xda forum (your link as well) and all the files are identical, so in my opinion there is no newest aboot.bin. Concerning TWRP I have tried latest Quarx version and also this version. No difference concerning w7n and w7ds mismatch.

Yesterday I tried also to flash Quarx' CWM instead of TWRP and surprisingly automatic update worked with no problem with hardware=w7 check. However, output/content of getprop command and build.prop file are unchanged. Strange. Looks like with TWRP hardware=w7 check fails while with CWM everything is OK, which would indicate different getprop output for different recovery.
Last edited by lecterek; 4th September 2014 at 08:53 PM.
4th September 2014, 10:51 PM   |  #6  
Flag Tilburg, NL

141 posts
More
Might be you guys got the D405n with softwareversion 10a, where my device had 10b.. Seen this before and most users with that combination seem to have issues. Might also be a total coincidence though. I don't know what the difference is, but I do know the Russians that made the aboot.bin files made a seperate one for D405n_10b and for D405_10a. So either the version for D405n combined with 10a is missing or you should be able to use one of those two versions.. But once again, this is pure speculation, I don't know if this can cause these issues.
4th September 2014, 11:01 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubliemeSiem

Might be you guys got the D405n with softwareversion 10a, where my device had 10b.. Seen this before and most users with that combination seem to have issues. Might also be a total coincidence though. I don't know what the difference is, but I do know the Russians that made the aboot.bin files made a seperate one for D405n_10b and for D405_10a. So either the version for D405n combined with 10a is missing or you should be able to use one of those two versions.. But once again, this is pure speculation, I don't know if this can cause these issues.

Is it OK, to use aboot.bin_D405_10a for D405n? I mean, no soft brick in that case? With stock ROM I had 10b as well.
5th September 2014, 01:36 AM   |  #8  
Flag Tilburg, NL

141 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lecterek

Is it OK, to use aboot.bin_D405_10a for D405n? I mean, no soft brick in that case? With stock ROM I had 10b as well.

I'm not sure, but even then you should still be able to flash the kdz and start over. It doesn't take that long to go through the entire process, I've done it multiple times already. I don't have these problems, so I can't experiment with these files.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread