Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] L90 (D405-TR) FM Radio Problem

OP CaPaCuL

4th August 2014, 10:38 PM   |  #1  
CaPaCuL's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Kocaeli
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
More
Hi guys,

I’m from Turkey, I'm new user on this forum and I'm so sorry for quite poor English. I bought a L90 (D405-TR). But there isn’t FM Radio app in applications menu.

I read some Turkish forums (for LG G2) installing the ROM of different countries or by rooting to activate FM Radio.

1) I rooted the device. My /cust/OPEN_AME/TR/config/custom_apk_list.cfg contents as follows:

Quote:

-/system/app/LGFmRadio.apk

I've made this change in content is as follows, and I restart the phone:

Quote:

+/system/app/LGFmRadio.apk

Then I saw FM Radio app in the phone's application menu. I plugged a headset, and opening FM Radio app on app menu. But menus and buttons are passive. So that I could not listen fm radio

2) I flashed England and Italy's ROMs, I saw FM Radio app in the phone's application menu. Again I plugged a headset, and opening FM Radio app on app menu. But menus and buttons are passive. So that I could not listen fm radio


3) Both the phone is rooted, and while both been installed in a different country (which again was the root case)… I was installed Spirit FM Radio, Connected Music Player, etc. I did not listen to the radio.


Q1: Is there Fm radio receiver / hardware on my device? How can I check/detect whether there is?
Q2: Let's assume that there is an FM radio receiver. Both of these methods are not listened to the radio?
Q3: Fm Radio hardware which prevents other transactions have to do?
Last edited by CaPaCuL; 4th August 2014 at 11:31 PM.
5th August 2014, 12:17 AM   |  #2  
shinobisoft's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Knoxville, TN
Thanks Meter: 2,894
 
2,776 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaPaCuL

Hi guys,

Iím from Turkey, I'm new user on this forum and I'm so sorry for quite poor English. I bought a L90 (D405-TR). But there isnít FM Radio app in applications menu.

I read some Turkish forums (for LG G2) installing the ROM of different countries or by rooting to activate FM Radio.

1) I rooted the device. My /cust/OPEN_AME/TR/config/custom_apk_list.cfg contents as follows:



I've made this change in content is as follows, and I restart the phone:



Then I saw FM Radio app in the phone's application menu. I plugged a headset, and opening FM Radio app on app menu. But menus and buttons are passive. So that I could not listen fm radio

2) I flashed England and Italy's ROMs, I saw FM Radio app in the phone's application menu. Again I plugged a headset, and opening FM Radio app on app menu. But menus and buttons are passive. So that I could not listen fm radio


3) Both the phone is rooted, and while both been installed in a different country (which again was the root case)Ö I was installed Spirit FM Radio, Connected Music Player, etc. I did not listen to the radio.


Q1: Is there Fm radio receiver / hardware on my device? How can I check/detect whether there is?
Q2: Let's assume that there is an FM radio receiver. Both of these methods are not listened to the radio?
Q3: Fm Radio hardware which prevents other transactions have to do?

According to the research I've done, this morning in fact, there is a builtin FM radio receiver in some D405 and D410 models. However I cannot be more specific than that. I do know that the D415 does NOT have a builtin FM receiver.
6th August 2014, 02:58 PM   |  #3  
CaPaCuL's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Kocaeli
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
More
UP
7th August 2014, 01:30 PM   |  #4  
Member
Flag Enschede
Thanks Meter: 2
 
34 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaPaCuL

Hi guys,

Iím from Turkey, I'm new user on this forum and I'm so sorry for quite poor English. I bought a L90 (D405-TR). But there isnít FM Radio app in applications menu.

I read some Turkish forums (for LG G2) installing the ROM of different countries or by rooting to activate FM Radio.

1) I rooted the device. My /cust/OPEN_AME/TR/config/custom_apk_list.cfg contents as follows:



I've made this change in content is as follows, and I restart the phone:



Then I saw FM Radio app in the phone's application menu. I plugged a headset, and opening FM Radio app on app menu. But menus and buttons are passive. So that I could not listen fm radio

2) I flashed England and Italy's ROMs, I saw FM Radio app in the phone's application menu. Again I plugged a headset, and opening FM Radio app on app menu. But menus and buttons are passive. So that I could not listen fm radio


3) Both the phone is rooted, and while both been installed in a different country (which again was the root case)Ö I was installed Spirit FM Radio, Connected Music Player, etc. I did not listen to the radio.


Q1: Is there Fm radio receiver / hardware on my device? How can I check/detect whether there is?
Q2: Let's assume that there is an FM radio receiver. Both of these methods are not listened to the radio?
Q3: Fm Radio hardware which prevents other transactions have to do?


i have the LG D405n and this one has radio and it is working...

Greetz

Peter
7th August 2014, 02:03 PM   |  #5  
CaPaCuL's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Kocaeli
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBakker

i have the LG D405n and this one has radio and it is working...

Greetz

Peter

Thanks @PBakker for reply. I've already flashed a ROM belonging to the Italian model (d405n). But still, I could not listen to the radio. When I flashed any ROM, Does changing the kernel? (I think the problem is caused by radio to the kernel prevent, If there is fm radio hardware on my phone. However, my device, I don't know whether it is fm radio hw.).
7th August 2014, 03:06 PM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Flag Enschede
Thanks Meter: 1
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
As far as i know by most rom packages you need to update or change the kernel seperately. So kernel not affected by installing rom
7th August 2014, 03:12 PM   |  #7  
shinobisoft's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Knoxville, TN
Thanks Meter: 2,894
 
2,776 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Bakker

As far as i know by most rom packages you need to update or change the kernel seperately. So kernel not affected by installing rom

Kernel is part of boot.img. So flashing ROM does affect kernel.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk
15th August 2014, 08:06 PM   |  #8  
CaPaCuL's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Kocaeli
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
More
UP
22nd August 2014, 07:46 PM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
I have the same problem. I just bought the phone yesterday, (L90 D405-TR) and this evening i realized there's no radio app in the app drawer.

Is it possible to use it's radio receiver using an app from google play ? Or do those require mobile data ?

I guess we need to find out first and foremost whether our model (L90 D405-TR) has a radio receiver after all...
Last edited by Shrieker1; 22nd August 2014 at 07:57 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shrieker1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd August 2014, 01:22 PM   |  #10  
CaPaCuL's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Kocaeli
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrieker1

I have the same problem. I just bought the phone yesterday, (L90 D405-TR) and this evening i realized there's no radio app in the app drawer.

Is it possible to use it's radio receiver using an app from google play ? Or do those require mobile data ?

I guess we need to find out first and foremost whether our model (L90 D405-TR) has a radio receiver after all...

Are you from Turkey?
Last edited by CaPaCuL; 23rd August 2014 at 06:04 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes