[Q] Lost Tether

Search This thread

Bluebird01

Jan 4, 2014
I have an unrooted stock LG L90. Did not do the recent updates. I've always been able to tether and use my phone as a hot spot with the $30 unlimited text/data plan. Just tethered it last week with no problems. Today, it's not working and says I need to upgrade my plan. And now of course I can't find the documents on tmobile that stated "x" amount of tethering was included with ALL unlimited data plans. I know they used to be there because I was really excited about it!

Anyone know what changed? I'm really annoyed right now!

If I root, can I get free tethering/hotspot back with my unlimited data plan? I've rooted a couple of phones in the past so I could unlock them, but never did custom Roms or anything like that.

Bluebird01

Jan 4, 2014
NOW it works. I tried it again yesterday, and was still getting the error message stating I had to upgrade my plan. Tried it again just now - and wifi hot spot is working again. I have no idea why. Just hope it continues.

If anyone else knows why, I'd love some info, so I know what to do if it happens again (assuming it's something I have any control over.)

Again, I'm on stock KitKat, no rooting, no nuttin', with no updates (at least none I was aware of!)

LG-D415
D41510c