Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Request for new project

OP demonslayer12349

27th July 2014, 07:09 PM   |  #1  
demonslayer12349's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Toledo
Thanks Meter: 260
 
207 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
So now that we have fastboot I want to make a small script that restores through fastboot no matter how ****ed up it is. If it boots were good. But I need did backups from all the variants. EXCEPT the D415 if you guys could DD backup the system cache and boot partitions from your variants. Zip them up. And send them to me somehow I'd be most thankful. I'll then rig them up for auto download. So the script will do this in order

Adb backup pull and wipe laf so we have fast boot.

Instruct how to put in fastboot.

Download files for your device.

Flash them and original laf and reboots

Sent from my LG-D415 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by demonslayer12349; 27th July 2014 at 07:14 PM.
27th July 2014, 08:49 PM   |  #2  
shinobisoft's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Knoxville, TN
Thanks Meter: 2,912
 
2,788 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonslayer12349

So now that we have fastboot I want to make a small script that restores through fastboot no matter how ****ed up it is. If it boots were good. But I need did backups from all the variants. EXCEPT the D415 if you guys could DD backup the system cache and boot partitions from your variants. Zip them up. And send them to me somehow I'd be most thankful. I'll then rig them up for auto download. So the script will do this in order

Adb backup pull and wipe laf so we have fast boot.

Instruct how to put in fastboot.

Download files for your device.

Flash them and original laf and reboots

Sent from my LG-D415 using XDA Free mobile app

Why not make the script so that it backs up the pertinent partitions prior to modifying them? Also are you talking about a Windows batch script or a Linux bash script?

Better yet, I've been working on a generic backup script for our devices. How about I handle the backup parts and you handle the other? A colaboration of sorts? I should be able to post it later this evening if you'd like.
The Following User Says Thank You to shinobisoft For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th July 2014, 10:08 PM   |  #3  
demonslayer12349's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Toledo
Thanks Meter: 260
 
207 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobisoft

Why not make the script so that it backs up the pertinent partitions prior to modifying them? Also are you talking about a Windows batch script or a Linux bash script?

Better yet, I've been working on a generic backup script for our devices. How about I handle the backup parts and you handle the other? A colaboration of sorts? I should be able to post it later this evening if you'd like.


Yes sounds good. I was planning a bat and then an sh
Sent from my LG-D415 using XDA Free mobile app
27th July 2014, 10:19 PM   |  #4  
shinobisoft's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Knoxville, TN
Thanks Meter: 2,912
 
2,788 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonslayer12349

Yes sounds good. I was planning a bat and then an sh
Sent from my LG-D415 using XDA Free mobile app

My backup script is a bash ( .sh ) script that is intended to be run via Terminal Emulator either from the internal or external sdcards. I could probably put a batch ( .bat ) script together too. The reason I went the bash script route is that it doesn't require ADB to be present to work where a Windows batch script does.
27th July 2014, 11:25 PM   |  #5  
demonslayer12349's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Toledo
Thanks Meter: 260
 
207 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Not really. Put the right binaries in. Gave command to tenporallily change path to the folder the vat is in

Sent from my LG-D415 using XDA Free mobile app
30th July 2014, 01:58 PM   |  #6  
shinobisoft's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Knoxville, TN
Thanks Meter: 2,912
 
2,788 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
More
L90 Partition Backup Script

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes