FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

[Q] Should I update my L90?

71 posts
Thanks Meter: 6
 
By zimbara, Member on 3rd July 2014, 01:55 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
There is a 150mb update available, should i download it? Or will that make rooting harder?
 
 
3rd July 2014, 02:24 PM |#2  
gdjindal's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hoshiarpur, Punjab (India)
Thanks Meter: 350
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbara

There is a 150mb update available, should i download it? Or will that make rooting harder?

Yes of-course you should. This update have many enhancements.
3rd July 2014, 02:29 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdjindal

Yes of-course you should. This update have many enhancements.

Yeah, but I read somewhere that after the update, towel root doesn't work?
3rd July 2014, 05:00 PM |#4  
LaDY Vengeance's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 512
 
More
If you plan on unlocking the bootloader, you shouldn't update. LG has a reputation of permanently locking the bootloader with their updates.

Sent from my LG-D415 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LaDY Vengeance For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd July 2014, 06:59 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaDY Vengeance

If you plan on unlocking the bootloader, you shouldn't update. LG has a reputation of permanently locking the bootloader with their updates.

Sent from my LG-D415 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I don't really care about unlocking the bootloader, i just want to have a rooted phone with up too date software
4th July 2014, 05:53 AM |#6  
gdjindal's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hoshiarpur, Punjab (India)
Thanks Meter: 350
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbara

Yeah, but I read somewhere that after the update, towel root doesn't work?

Its wrong, I have rooted my phone with towel root after update
The Following User Says Thank You to gdjindal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th July 2014, 07:30 AM |#7  
aSuperSaiyanG0D's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tulsa, OK
Thanks Meter: 98
 
More
Wait the L90 got an update?

Darn I wished I would've waited to root and install recovery v.\
4th July 2014, 10:03 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag Vilnius
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
On the topic of the update - does anyone know what exactly changed with it? Probably the only thing I noticed was that you can now choose between Dalvik and ART. But that's about it. Anything else?
4th July 2014, 03:15 PM |#9  
LaDY Vengeance's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 512
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSuperSaiyanG0D

Wait the L90 got an update?

Darn I wished I would've waited to root and install recovery v.\

I'm going to hold off on updating. I remember that I updated my L9 as soon as I got it and I never was able to unlock the bootloader. I'm doing it differently this time....just in case.

Sent from my LG-D415 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
4th July 2014, 04:16 PM |#10  
shinobisoft's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Knoxville, TN
Thanks Meter: 3,107
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by linasj

On the topic of the update - does anyone know what exactly changed with it? Probably the only thing I noticed was that you can now choose between Dalvik and ART. But that's about it. Anything else?

Not sure about the D405, but on the D415 after enabling developer options we can switch between ART or Dalvik. I haven't updated or looked for an update for my D415.

EDIT: Just checked for an update for the TMobile D415. There isn't one.

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdjindal

Its wrong, I have rooted my phone with towel root after update

That may not always be the case. LG is well known for purposely screwing things up for folks.
The Following User Says Thank You to shinobisoft For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th July 2014, 06:25 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Flag Vilnius
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobisoft

Not sure about the D405, but on the D415 after enabling developer options we can switch between ART or Dalvik. I haven't updated or looked for an update for my D415.

EDIT: Just checked for an update for the TMobile D415. There isn't one.

Well, I already did update my D405N, so I've already seen the Dalvik/ART change. I was just wondering if anyone knew what else has changed, because so far I haven't really seen anything all that different.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes