Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

iptables kernel for lg l90 d415?

OP kinesis

18th July 2014, 06:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

53 posts
What kernel can I safely flash to my phone for iptables/netfilter support?

Will this kernel work?
[KK 4.4.2 Kernel 3.4.98][15 JUL] Dorimanx 6.0 LG G2 800/1/2/3/5/6 F320* LS/VS980
Last edited by kinesis; 19th July 2014 at 12:02 AM.
20th July 2014, 08:09 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Knoxville, TN
Thanks Meter: 2,555

2,548 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinesis

What kernel can I safely flash to my phone for iptables/netfilter support?

Will this kernel work?
[KK 4.4.2 Kernel 3.4.98][15 JUL] Dorimanx 6.0 LG G2 800/1/2/3/5/6 F320* LS/VS980

You won't be able to flash any kernel or ROM without ensuring that your bootloader is unlocked first. The stock boot.img ( which contains the kernel ) is a signed image signed by LG's own key which we don't have access to. The bootloader checks the signature of the boot.img before booting. If the signature doesn't match you'll end up with either LG Security Error or a soft bricked device.
20th July 2014, 10:46 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

53 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobisoft

You won't be able to flash any kernel or ROM without ensuring that your bootloader is unlocked first. The stock boot.img ( which contains the kernel ) is a signed image signed by LG's own key which we don't have access to. The bootloader checks the signature of the boot.img before booting. If the signature doesn't match you'll end up with either LG Security Error or a soft bricked device.

So basically I bought the wrong phone?

This is not a customizable device? Should I sell it and get a different model? What is this KDZ thing they talk about in the other forum?

Can you unlock it?
21st July 2014, 09:49 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 7

68 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinesis

So basically I bought the wrong phone?

This is not a customizable device? Should I sell it and get a different model? What is this KDZ thing they talk about in the other forum?

Can you unlock it?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6mFHbE4LLKM

We call this process unlocking, which is needed before rooting. After rooting, u can still customize it more freely.

ps One special case (not for u Americans). In my home city, unlocking is not needed for any devices, and we can root directly

Sent from my LG-D410 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread