FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Preview] CyanogenMod 12.1 [Unofficial]

510 posts
Thanks Meter: 874
 
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello! I haven't posted much here in the Nitro forums, but I got my p930 a couple years ago.
After loaning it out for a bit, I recently got it back, and decided to get Lollipop running on it (jumping straight to 5.1)

I've had experience porting newer versions of Android with another device (HTC Aria), but I can't say I'm extremely good at it.
I have most stuff working, but I might not be able to get everything working on my own.
Also I'm not very good at making a thread look good, so please excuse everything below being hard to read

It is based on miroslav's open source device trees and 3.4 kernel from github.com/NitroKK, but with the extra stuff removed to make it more like "stock" CM.



Bugs & things that currently don't work are:
- Camera
- Phone radio
- GPS
- Bluetooth is a bit sketchy
- MHL (aka HDMI out)
- SELinux enforcing mode
- Screen does not turn on sometimes - this is really hard to reproduce, so I'm not completely sure why... It doesn't happen too often though
- Probably more

I am releasing this as a "preview" because of the camera, phone, and GPS being broken. Once those are fixed, the preview tag will be dropped
GPS should be pretty easy to fix, but might need the phone stuff working first. Camera and phone I'm not really sure where to go next..

Notes:
LG SU640 support: miroslav's compatibility patch linked in his CM11 thread should work fine.
If it doesn't, let me know (with a log if possible) and I'll see what I can do...

If your recovery asks to fix or install root when rebooting, just hit no - it's outdated and doesn't know the correct place to look for root anymore.
If you need to use root, you'll need to enable development settings by repeatedly tapping Build number in About phone, then turn on Root access in Developer options.

I recommend changing the launcher's app drawer mode to paged, as the effect when scrolling fast on the vertical drawer runs very slow on this device (and not great on newer devices either).

There is only about 90MB free on the /system partition, so Google Apps packages will have to be somewhat light-weight to fit in that.
I have linked to the one I use below, but if you use your own, make sure it's smaller than 90MB after extracting, not just as a zip.

Because of the quality improvements on Lollipop's UI, the performance is a bit worse than KitKat.
A flag can be enabled to give a much better framerate and general responsiveness etc, but at the cost of stability.
Just add this line to build.prop then reboot:
Code:
persist.hwc.mdpcomp.enable=true
It runs much better, but causes really bad screen glitches in some places (and maybe other stuff like the screen not turning on more often).
In the future I would like to fix it, but for now I'm leaving it off by default.

If anyone would like to help fix things, full source on everything I have changed is at the following GitHub organization:
https://github.com/NitroCM
Pull requests, Issues, whatever are welcome, and I can add people to it upon request (as long as I can trust you )

On to the downloads! Pick whichever mirror works best for you.
20150809 - 9bc4906aaa21caa36217d9186bb2bb36
Google Drive: https://goo.gl/sMHQYz
MediaFire: http://www.mediafire.com/download/bc...ICIAL-p930.zip
Mega: https://goo.gl/e4Q16q
xda dev-db: http://forum.xda-developers.com/devd...t/dl/?id=13902

Google Apps: https://goo.gl/YxlfU0 or https://goo.gl/Mw9uPt

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 12.1 (unofficial), ROM for the LG Nitro HD

Contributors
WinSuk, miroslav_mm
Source Code: https://github.com/NitroCM

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
Status: Testing

Created 2015-08-10
Last Updated 2015-08-16
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WinSuk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WinSuk Ad-Free
 
 
11th August 2015, 11:44 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Holy sweet buttery jesus. you did it.
15th August 2015, 03:48 PM |#3  
Thanks for doing this. Finally some some extra life to this device. Unfortunately I get boot-loops when flashing this ROM, but that seems associate with partition sizes on this devices and miroslav's CM11 kernel (mine are the smaller size). I probably have to factory flash the right ICS kdz to fix it. Not sure yet what to do to get the right sizes, but I still appreciate your effort so at least there is a way forward. Keep up the good work!
The Following User Says Thank You to miji2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift miji2 Ad-Free
15th August 2015, 09:54 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 874
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miji2

Thanks for doing this. Finally some some extra life to this device. Unfortunately I get boot-loops when flashing this ROM, but that seems associate with partition sizes on this devices and miroslav's CM11 kernel (mine are the smaller size). I probably have to factory flash the right ICS kdz to fix it. Not sure yet what to do to get the right sizes, but I still appreciate your effort so at least there is a way forward. Keep up the good work!

Hmm... I'm not completely sure which bootloader I have installed, but I think it's the gingerbread one (v10).
Does the boot animation show up? (Cid with a pulsing circle behind him)
If so, the system partition is definitely mounting correctly, and you probably just need to wait longer (the first boot takes a long time).
If not (it's stuck on the LG logo or keeps rebooting to the LG logo), does miro's CM11 ROM work for you? (if you have tried it)
The Following User Says Thank You to WinSuk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WinSuk Ad-Free
16th August 2015, 08:24 PM |#5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinSuk

Hmm... I'm not completely sure which bootloader I have installed, but I think it's the gingerbread one (v10).
Does the boot animation show up? (Cid with a pulsing circle behind him)
If so, the system partition is definitely mounting correctly, and you probably just need to wait longer (the first boot takes a long time).
If not (it's stuck on the LG logo or keeps rebooting to the LG logo), does miro's CM11 ROM work for you? (if you have tried it)

So the device would only show the LG logo then reboot, vibrate, and repeat. It behaved same with miroslav's CM11 but it was just fine flashing and running stock CM11.

my partition sizes were:
Code:
Filesystem               Size     Used     Free   Blksize
/dev                   371.2M   136.0K   371.1M   4096
/sys/fs/cgroup         371.2M    12.0K   371.2M   4096
/mnt/asec              371.2M     0.0K   371.2M   4096
/mnt/obb               371.2M     0.0K   371.2M   4096
/mnt/fuse              371.2M     0.0K   371.2M   4096
/system                503.9M   352.6M   151.4M   4096
/cache                 315.0M     5.2M   309.7M   4096
/data                    2.2G   113.9M     2.0G   4096
/persist                 7.9M     4.1M     3.8M   4096
/mpt                    15.5M     1.1M    14.4M   1024
/tombstones             72.0M     4.1M    67.9M   4096
/firmware               64.0M    22.8M    41.2M   16384
/modem                 199.8M    27.3M   172.5M   4096
Here's what I did to fix:
a) debrick with ICS kdz http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2044645
b) rooted with http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886460
b) unlock bootloader with http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2598278
c) flash recovery (TWRP) then this ROM

and now my partition sizes are:
Code:
Filesystem               Size     Used     Free   Blksize
/dev                   383.8M    36.0K   383.7M   4096
/sys/fs/cgroup         383.8M    12.0K   383.8M   4096
/mnt/asec              383.8M     0.0K   383.8M   4096
/mnt/obb               383.8M     0.0K   383.8M   4096
/system                495.5M   402.6M    92.9M   4096
/cache                 134.0M     4.3M   129.7M   4096
/data                    2.2G   245.1M     1.9G   4096
/persist                 7.9M     4.6M     3.3M   4096
/mpt                    15.8M     1.4M    14.4M   1024
/tombstones             71.9M     4.0M    67.9M   4096
/firmware               64.0M    22.8M    41.2M   16384
/modem                 199.8M    27.7M   172.0M   4096
And now your ROM as well as miroslav's CM11 install without a hitch and work great. Lots of work, but well worth it. Thanks for giving me a reason to go through all that
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miji2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift miji2 Ad-Free
16th August 2015, 09:42 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 874
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miji2

and now my partition sizes are:

Code:
Filesystem               Size     Used     Free   Blksize
/dev                   383.8M    36.0K   383.7M   4096
/sys/fs/cgroup         383.8M    12.0K   383.8M   4096
/mnt/asec              383.8M     0.0K   383.8M   4096
/mnt/obb               383.8M     0.0K   383.8M   4096
/system                495.5M   402.6M    92.9M   4096
/cache                 134.0M     4.3M   129.7M   4096
/data                    2.2G   245.1M     1.9G   4096
/persist                 7.9M     4.6M     3.3M   4096
/mpt                    15.8M     1.4M    14.4M   1024
/tombstones             71.9M     4.0M    67.9M   4096
/firmware               64.0M    22.8M    41.2M   16384
/modem                 199.8M    27.7M   172.0M   4096
And now your ROM as well as miroslav's CM11 install without a hitch and work great. Lots of work, but well worth it. Thanks for giving me a reason to go through all that

I see, cool
I don't remember at all what I did, but my partition sizes are indeed the same as what you have now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WinSuk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WinSuk Ad-Free
15th October 2015, 01:40 AM |#7  
Loo Ney's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Accra
Thanks Meter: 325
 
More
sweet..
any updates yet ? am dying to try out new updates :sly:
15th October 2015, 07:35 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 874
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loo Ney

sweet..
any updates yet ? am dying to try out new updates :sly:

Not really The radio is really stubborn.
Bluetooth is better, but still crashes sometimes. Camera is closer to working, but still doesn't.
I haven't been working on it until just a couple weeks ago, so maybe I'll figure something out soon (maybe )
The Following User Says Thank You to WinSuk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WinSuk Ad-Free
15th October 2015, 10:31 AM |#9  
Loo Ney's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Accra
Thanks Meter: 325
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinSuk

Not really The radio is really stubborn.
Bluetooth is better, but still crashes sometimes. Camera is closer to working, but still doesn't.
I haven't been working on it until just a couple weeks ago, so maybe I'll figure something out soon (maybe )

GREAT bro..keep up the good work, i will be waiting for an update
30th April 2016, 10:17 AM |#10  
thinhx2's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Quảng Ninh
Thanks Meter: 797
 
Donate to Me
More
Update?
3rd May 2016, 10:38 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 874
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinhx2

Update?

I wasn't able to figure anything out except for bluetooth working slightly better as stated in a previous post - anything further would require someone who better knows how things work.
Also, my p930 is currently being used daily by a family member, so I can't try any changes out on it (I wasn't working on it at all before that though).
This will probably forever be a "hey look it boots and you can see stuff" demo
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes