Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,688 Members 39,796 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unlocked Lumia 1020

Tip us?

For the Love of Tech
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Unlocked Lumia 1020

I've had the Nokia Lumia 1020 since it came out last July. I've been waiting forever to get the Lumia Cyan update. It has camera improvements that the WP 8.1 dev preview doesn't have.

On Friday, I learned that Lumia 1020's in countries like Canada and India were getting the Cyan update. I got the idea that if I unlocked the phone and set my location to Canada I would be able to get the update.

AT&T approved my unlock and I tested it with a T-Mobile SIM card. I still can't get the software I want.

When I turn on the phone, it still says AT&T. It still lists AT&T as my carrier in Settings.

I've tried doing a factory reset and I've tried using the Nokia Software Recovery Tool to restore the factory image. It still says AT&T.

I need it to be completely carrier unlocked. Anybody have any ideas on how to remove all traces of AT&T from the phone?

anaheiim
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 930

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by For the Love of Tech View Post
I've had the Nokia Lumia 1020 since it came out last July. I've been waiting forever to get the Lumia Cyan update. It has camera improvements that the WP 8.1 dev preview doesn't have.

On Friday, I learned that Lumia 1020's in countries like Canada and India were getting the Cyan update. I got the idea that if I unlocked the phone and set my location to Canada I would be able to get the update.

AT&T approved my unlock and I tested it with a T-Mobile SIM card. I still can't get the software I want.

When I turn on the phone, it still says AT&T. It still lists AT&T as my carrier in Settings.

I've tried doing a factory reset and I've tried using the Nokia Software Recovery Tool to restore the factory image. It still says AT&T.

I need it to be completely carrier unlocked. Anybody have any ideas on how to remove all traces of AT&T from the phone?
Hi,

Try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2515453 , with this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4#post53505164
If not works, then you can't change the AT&T ROM..

The Following User Says Thank You to anaheiim For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]