Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,000 Members 50,638 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Android on Lumia 925?

Tip us?

jot82
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Android on Lumia 925?

So I got a new company phone - since my boss wanted to save some money and Microsoft seems to give away the Lumias to companies for almost nothing it became a Lumia 925... hardware seems okay, but I just can't get friends with Windows Phone (too few customization options, very poor choice of apps). Is there any way to install an Android system on these phones? Anything from Android 4.0 on would be fine, but I could even arrange with good old 2.3 if I have to.

I think I remember to have read about a project to develop on this some years ago, but I can't find any information about it anymore. Did they get sued by MS/Nokia?

dxdy
Old
(Last edited by dxdy; 10th July 2014 at 03:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1,677

DONATE TO ME
if you want android, buy android... is impossible to change OS (now or in future...)

try learn more about WP.. is not that bad how you describe... is enough quality apps and if something missing, try find alternative (similar) app in store....

also with upcoming 8.1 upgrade you can do some customization and new options....
HTC HD2 * download Pdaimatejam ROM's + radio's
WP7 ROM Install Tutorial v2.5
Battery saving tricks for HD2

Change Live account region - https://live.xbox.com/AccountMigration

Gmail/Google settings, sync and calendar under WP7.8

My devices: Nokia Lumia 920 developer unlocked, HTC HD2 (sold), GoClever TAB T76 GPS TV

I spent half my money on computers, smartphones, alcohol and girls... The other half I wasted. (modern version of W.C. Fields quote)

jot82
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxdy View Post
if you want android, buy android...
Unfortunately wasn't up to me to choose and probably my boss actually thinks he did me a favor with that phone (it was kind of a gift from the company to me, so it would be very impolite to ask for another )
Quote:
is impossible to change OS (now or in future...)
Technically it should be possible, that Lumia is using same processor/hardware as several Android phones. If some sideparts like camera wouldn't work I could deal with that.
I'm also pretty sure I read about a project wanting to bring Android on the Lumias in the past, I just can't find anything about that anymore

Quote:
try learn more about WP.. is not that bad how you describe... is enough quality apps and if something missing, try find alternative (similar) app in store....
I wouldn't trust an "official" app that comes from some guy in China... there seems to be a lot of fake software in the Windows Store, actually I'm afraid that I install some scam that just grabs my personal data/account information. And the Microsoft apps for Facebook, YouTube, etc are more like a bad joke.

Quote:
also with upcoming 8.1 upgrade you can do some customization and new options....
I'm anxiously waiting for the update, but I fear it might take some time, since my phone got customized/branded from Deutsche Telekom/T-Mobile and they are not very well known for releasing fast updates... :<

Besides that, by "customize" I don't really mean changing background picture of the tiles... more like add individual widgets on a lock screen, change the launcher layout, ... I will see what that update brings if it finally rolls out, but my expectations are rather low.

anaheiim
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 935

DONATE TO ME
I suggest you look here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post52177866

dxdy
Old
(Last edited by dxdy; 10th July 2014 at 10:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1,677

DONATE TO ME
Android on Lumia is new (rumored) Android phone, not flashing android OS on windows phone. you newer get option to flash android on any Lumia because locked bootloader, forget this and ignore message from anaheiim...

if you want upgrade today to WP8.1 you can use Preview for Developer program...
go to http://appstudio.windows.com/
login with your Live account
register to AppStudio
install certificate from http://appstudio.windows.com/Job/GetAet (open this link in IE on phone)
install this app from store http://windowsphone.com/s?appId=178a...c-038393741e96 and activate Preview for Developers...

and now you can update to WP8.1 or any other future update without wait...

also what app from China you talking??????? also Microsoft check and test every app on Store before publish and wont allow any security risk app... WP store is secure and malware free... dont worry about chinese soft.. LOL

My devices: Nokia Lumia 920 developer unlocked, HTC HD2 (sold), GoClever TAB T76 GPS TV

I spent half my money on computers, smartphones, alcohol and girls... The other half I wasted. (modern version of W.C. Fields quote)

anaheiim
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 935

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
ignore message from anaheiim...
Lol. Why? I answered about Android...

dxdy
Old
Thanks Meter 1,677

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by anaheiim View Post
Lol. Why? I answered about Android...
because changing OS on WP8 Lumia is impossible and pointless to direct him and confusing him with this....

anaheiim
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 935

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
because changing OS on Lumia is impossible and pointless to direct him and confusing him with this....
Lol.
You think I do not know?
This incapacity, is for all Windows Phone, so...

dxdy
Old
Thanks Meter 1,677

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by anaheiim View Post
Lol.
You think I do not know?
This incapacity, is for all Windows Phone, so...
yes but some people dont know this and post like yours only make confusion...