Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] ctrlr dongle doesn't work

OP davirofe

12th August 2014, 05:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2007
Hello everybody yesterday i received my mojo. Console Works great but the control don't pair with the usb dongle in de mojo. PC and MAC recognise the usb but donīt pair..
However the control pairs perfect without using dongle in Galaxy s4, with the dongle donīt work. Any suggestion? There are any bt dongle compatible with mojo and ctrlr?
Thanks in advance. Regards!
13th August 2014, 09:45 AM   |  #2  
gwaldo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Melb.
Thanks Meter: 29
 
316 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davirofe

Hello everybody yesterday i received my mojo. Console Works great but the control don't pair with the usb dongle in de mojo. PC and MAC recognise the usb but donīt pair..

If I understand you correctly, make sure the BT dongle included with the mojo is on the USB3 (blue) port.
Try turning BT on in android setup.. not sure why that would help, but just in case there's been an update..


Quote:
Originally Posted by davirofe

However the control pairs perfect without using dongle in Galaxy s4, with the dongle donīt work. Any suggestion? There are any bt dongle compatible with mojo and ctrlr?
Thanks in advance. Regards!

If that didn't work, raise a support request with madcatz, probably a busted USB Dongle, (it should work fine on PC/android/ect, MAC i think might need drivers)

You can pair the mojo CTRLR to your galaxy without the dongle?? wow!
Man, I'm hoping it's a firmware fix coming


Also: There are any bt dongle compatible with mojo and ctrlr?
TMK, The dongle isn't actually BT, so I doubt there would be an alternative out there.
Last edited by gwaldo; 13th August 2014 at 09:47 AM.
13th August 2014, 12:38 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwaldo

If I understand you correctly, make sure the BT dongle included with the mojo is on the USB3 (blue) port.
Try turning BT on in android setup.. not sure why that would help, but just in case there's been an update..




If that didn't work, raise a support request with madcatz, probably a busted USB Dongle, (it should work fine on PC/android/ect, MAC i think might need drivers)

You can pair the mojo CTRLR to your galaxy without the dongle?? wow!
Man, I'm hoping it's a firmware fix coming


Also: There are any bt dongle compatible with mojo and ctrlr?
TMK, The dongle isn't actually BT, so I doubt there would be an alternative out there.


Yes, i plug the dongle on the USB3 of the mojo, but the controller doesn't pair.
Turning on the Bluetooth of the mojo doesn't detect the controller

in galaxy s4 with stock kitkat and without dongle the controller pair and works fine.
If i power off the bt on sgs4 and connect the dongle with otg USB phone detect new keyboard connected but controller doesn't pair.
Only pair without dongle and with bt 4.0 devices....... I'm confused.
Thanks for you answer man!
13th August 2014, 01:41 PM   |  #4  
gwaldo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Melb.
Thanks Meter: 29
 
316 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davirofe

Yes, i plug the dongle on the USB3 of the mojo, but the controller doesn't pair.
Turning on the Bluetooth of the mojo doesn't detect the controller

in galaxy s4 with stock kitkat and without dongle the controller pair and works fine.
If i power off the bt on sgs4 and connect the dongle with otg USB phone detect new keyboard connected but controller doesn't pair.
Only pair without dongle and with bt 4.0 devices....... I'm confused.
Thanks for you answer man!

What model# is it?
My MOJO CTRLR is 32263 and my the retail CTRLR : 32266.
Maybe different firmware, I would raise a ticket with Madcatz, with a link to this thread.


"If i power off the bt on sgs4 and connect the dongle with otg USB phone detect new keyboard connected but controller doesn't pair."
Is that with the MOJO dongle, it works with a BT4 keyboard?

I hope it's a new firmware release for both CTRLR and MOJO

Does the blue light come on the CTRLR?
Try holding down the start button for a few seconds, the light should go red'ish then try to repair.

That's very strange, did you check that both USB ports on the MOJO work?
I'm guessing it's a firmware issue or a dongle issue.
Last edited by gwaldo; 13th August 2014 at 01:53 PM.
13th August 2014, 02:53 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwaldo

What model# is it?
My MOJO CTRLR is 32263 and my the retail CTRLR : 32266.
Maybe different firmware, I would raise a ticket with Madcatz, with a link to this thread.


"If i power off the bt on sgs4 and connect the dongle with otg USB phone detect new keyboard connected but controller doesn't pair."
Is that with the MOJO dongle, it works with a BT4 keyboard?

I hope it's a new firmware release for both CTRLR and MOJO

Does the blue light come on the CTRLR?
Try holding down the start button for a few seconds, the light should go red'ish then try to repair.

That's very strange, did you check that both USB ports on the MOJO work?
I'm guessing it's a firmware issue or a dongle issue.


My controller is the same
The CTRLR DONGLE is :43710

When i connect the dongle of the mojo to the phone detect new keyboard, but nothing works, controller doesn't pair and i don't try with bt keyboard. I think dongle fail...,

When pair without dongle to S4 the light is blue and works well
When i try the same with the dongle in the mojo, pc or Mac reconigse the dongle well(drivers install perfect) but the light of the controller is blinking red/blue and doesn't works
If i press start button 5 seg light change purple and after blink again red/blue (pair mode) but doesn't pair

The USB ports of the mojo also well fine i plug Xbox 360 controller and mouse to set up the system

Thanks for your help!
13th August 2014, 05:45 PM   |  #6  
gwaldo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Melb.
Thanks Meter: 29
 
316 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davirofe

My controller is the same
The CTRLR DONGLE is :43710

When i connect the dongle of the mojo to the phone detect new keyboard, but nothing works, controller doesn't pair and i don't try with bt keyboard. I think dongle fail...,

When pair without dongle to S4 the light is blue and works well
When i try the same with the dongle in the mojo, pc or Mac reconigse the dongle well(drivers install perfect) but the light of the controller is blinking red/blue and doesn't works
If i press start button 5 seg light change purple and after blink again red/blue (pair mode) but doesn't pair

The USB ports of the mojo also well fine i plug Xbox 360 controller and mouse to set up the system

Thanks for your help!

My dongle model is the same.. strange that it still works on PC/Mac (loading drivers) :/ dont know sorry...
Even with a BT4 USB adaptor, I doubt it would work on the MOJO because android 4.3 doesn't support BT4.
Raise a support ticket on the madcatz site.
that's a bummer, hope you get it fixed soo.
19th October 2014, 02:45 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Same Problem here, Mojo paired with my phone but not with the controller. But the Controller works fine with my Nexus 5.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes